+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Can someone please help. I am travelling to Vancouver on 3rd but till now unable to book the listed hotel as when I am calling from India, they are not responding. I have to book prior to board my flight else I will not be allowed.
Go to the government website. ( There are presently 9 quarantine hotels available in Vancouver )

Pick your hotel of choice and give them a call. Some can reserve directly without you having to waste time trying to get through to the government
1-800 number. The quarantine hotels are keeping their fee structures ' quiet ' and they keep changing. So call them all, compare prices and find out
what works best for you. Otherwise, you can just land at YVR and see what happens.... Maybe the hotels are full and you get to quarantine safely
at home without all the rip-off fees?

Mr_D

Feb 28, 2021
Can someone please help. I am travelling to Vancouver on 3rd but till now unable to book the listed hotel as when I am calling from India, they are not responding. I have to book prior to board my flight else I will not be allowed.
I can’t afford the 3-night hotel stay. Can I be subsidized?
A person (who is not otherwise exempt from quarantine) who enters Canada by aircraft and cannot provide evidence of pre-paid accommodation at a government-authorized accommodation is considered unable to quarantine. A person who is considered unable to quarantine must follow the directions of a screening officer or quarantine officer to go to a federal designated quarantine facility.

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/contact/contact-1-800-o-canada/hotel-stayover.html

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I can’t afford the 3-night hotel stay. Can I be subsidized?
A person (who is not otherwise exempt from quarantine) who enters Canada by aircraft and cannot provide evidence of pre-paid accommodation at a government-authorized accommodation is considered unable to quarantine. A person who is considered unable to quarantine must follow the directions of a screening officer or quarantine officer to go to a federal designated quarantine facility.

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/contact/contact-1-800-o-canada/hotel-stayover.html
According to that, they send those who can't afford to a "federal designated quarantine facility" :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: so you'll be sent to an internment camp of an undisclosed location where all detainees are Covid 19 positive, mind you, if I were you I'd run for the airport doors and take my chances.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
According to that, they send those who can't afford to a "federal designated quarantine facility" :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: so you'll be sent to an internment camp of an undisclosed location where all detainees are Covid 19 positive, mind you, if I were you I'd run for the airport doors and take my chances.
No need to run for the airport doors.....You'll become famous really fast!
Why not take your chances and go to the " federal designated quarantine facility " ?
It may be empty and 5-star rated.... Good food, comfy bed, excellent WiFi, and free shuttle from the airport.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/long-wait-times-lack-of-options-frustrate-travellers-booking-hotel-quarantines/ar-BB1e5Hey?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAggNb9

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I have a question, if anyone knows. And of course, I know things are up in the air with COVID. I'm wondering if it would be possible for Mr LL to do a soft landing, stay in a government quarantine hotel for 3 days and come back to the UK again, so we can tie up our affairs here and give us some breathing space with visa timings?

I always understood in the old days, the PA had one year to enter Canada from the date of medical and after COPR is issued? What flexibility, if any, are people finding with COVID travel issues (internal within countries and external to / from countries travel)? I'm thinking about the difficulties we will have to get to both biometrics and medical for PA, as we are in lockdown here. IRCC is vague about leniency.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks in advance.
No can't do that. You come into Canada you have to do the mandated 14 day quarantine, so theoretically you could leave on day 15.

Reactions: YVR123

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
My file is now in process and i am sure I'll get copr by march end. I am getting relieved from my job on 4th april, so my question is, till what date this hotel quarantine rule will last? If i travel in April's 2nd half, will this rule be still there?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
My file is now in process and i am sure I'll get copr by march end. I am getting relieved from my job on 4th april, so my question is, till what date this hotel quarantine rule will last? If i travel in April's 2nd half, will this rule be still there?
You just went to processing and think ppr in next 30 days? Whats your timeline and pa?

canuckkiwi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
No end date for this. I’m guessing it’ll go into September.

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Probably.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
You just went to processing and think ppr in next 30 days? Whats your timeline and pa?
Why not? It's not Shanghai and People are getting ppr in 3 days from Beijing why not me? Timeline in signature.

Last edited:

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
No can't do that. You come into Canada you have to do the mandated 14 day quarantine, so theoretically you could leave on day 15.
So you could do 14 days quarantine (+ a day to depart) and then turn around, presumably, to do a soft landing with the current COVID requirements?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
But can't you fly to the US and make the land border trip? I know many posters in this forum had discussed this option.
How would that work to enter via the US and immediately leave again via the US?

I struggle with the current Canadian requirements, never mind accidentally running foul of COVID rules for a third country that I would not want to get stuck in.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How would that work to enter via the US and immediately leave again via the US?

I struggle with the current Canadian requirements, never mind accidentally running foul of COVID rules for a third country that I would not want to get stuck in.
It's possible for me to arrive and depart the US on the same day by flight!