+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I have a question, if anyone knows. And of course, I know things are up in the air with COVID. I'm wondering if it would be possible for Mr LL to do a soft landing, stay in a government quarantine hotel for 3 days and come back to the UK again, so we can tie up our affairs here and give us some breathing space with visa timings?

I always understood in the old days, the PA had one year to enter Canada from the date of medical and after COPR is issued? What flexibility, if any, are people finding with COVID travel issues (internal within countries and external to / from countries travel)? I'm thinking about the difficulties we will have to get to both biometrics and medical for PA, as we are in lockdown here. IRCC is vague about leniency.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question, if anyone knows. And of course, I know things are up in the air with COVID. I'm wondering if it would be possible for Mr LL to do a soft landing, stay in a government quarantine hotel for 3 days and come back to the UK again, so we can tie up our affairs here and give us some breathing space with visa timings?

I always understood in the old days, the PA had one year to enter Canada from the date of medical and after COPR is issued? What flexibility, if any, are people finding with COVID travel issues (internal within countries and external to / from countries travel)? I'm thinking about the difficulties we will have to get to both biometrics and medical for PA, as we are in lockdown here. IRCC is vague about leniency.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks in advance.
I think if you want to do a soft landing, you would have to wait or go through the US land border. I've seen people in this forum went through the land border and U-turn after they complete their formality without going through the 3 + 11 days quarantine stays in Canada.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I think if you want to do a soft landing, you would have to wait or go through the US land border. I've seen people in this forum went through the land border and U-turn after they complete their formality without going through the 3 + 11 days quarantine stays in Canada.
We can't do a land border crossing. We are in the UK.

I would really want to minimise the amount of movement. Just wondering if anyone has done what we are thinking, since the quarantine hotel thing is a thing.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We can't do a land border crossing. We are in the UK.

I would really want to minimise the amount of movement. Just wondering if anyone has done what we are thinking, since the quarantine hotel thing is a thing.
But can't you fly to the US and make the land border trip? I know many posters in this forum had discussed this option.

Amitkanabar

Feb 25, 2021
Can someone please help. I am travelling to Vancouver on 3rd but till now unable to book the listed hotel as when I am calling from India, they are not responding. I have to book prior to board my flight else I will not be allowed.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please help. I am travelling to Vancouver on 3rd but till now unable to book the listed hotel as when I am calling from India, they are not responding. I have to book prior to board my flight else I will not be allowed.
Can you ask a friend to phone the number from anywhere in North America (US and Canada)? Otherwise, you would have to try again calling either collect call or expensive international long distance.

canuckkiwi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html

It looks like you can book online for some Vancouver hotels

Reactions: YVR123