+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was reading out of curiosity how can we book a hotel, and there' s a list of hotels listed by the government here : https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html

In that link, we only find :
  • Toronto International Airport.
  • Vancouver International Airport.
  • Montréal-Trudeau International Airport.
  • Calgary International Airport.
However, I was wondering : what about these airports :
  • Ottawa International Airport
  • Winnipeg International Airport
  • Halifax Stanfield International Airport
  • Kelowna International Airport
What happens if someone comes at these airports ? I couldn't find a list of government-authorized hotels for these airports/provinces.
International flights are only landing at the first four airports at this time. This has been in place for some time now due to COVID. You have to quarantine at your first point of entry into Canada.

So the answer is that no one is landing directly on an international flight at the bottom four airports. So no need for quarantine hotels.

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Hi all , i need your help! I will be booking my flight for July and im very confused on how to proceed!! I had my COPR issued since November 2020 but wasn’t able to fly due to my country's restrictions. Now my question is once i land in Canada do i pass through immigration and “land” as an immigrant or not? On the CCI page it states the below:

You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • not coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
  • approved after March 18, 2020 at noon ET
You will not be allowed to enter Canada, even if you have a valid confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR).

But when i enter reuniting with my spouse it allows me to enter Canada.

What must i do??? @admin Please help!! @canuck78

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi all , i need your help! I will be booking my flight for July and im very confused on how to proceed!! I had my COPR issued since November 2020 but wasn’t able to fly due to my country's restrictions. Now my question is once i land in Canada do i pass through immigration and “land” as an immigrant or not? On the CCI page it states the below:

• a foreign national
You will not be allowed to enter Canada, even if you have a valid confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR).

You will be entering to re-unite with your spouse so you are exempt. Select that option, have proof of your marriage and a copy of your spouses passport when you check in for your flight and you should be fine.

Reactions: cjr and Idrissrafd

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I've a question. I need to go to Montreal to get my PCC (we don't have a consulate in Peel region/Toronto, and the embassy in Ottawa is not offering consular services...no comment), but my wife told me that we can't travel because of the travel restrictions between provinces. But, I saw that megabus is working between Ontario and Quebec.

Do you know if I'm allowed to travel to another province to get an important document for IRCC ?

thanks.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've a question. I need to go to Montreal to get my PCC (we don't have a consulate in Peel region/Toronto, and the embassy in Ottawa is not offering consular services...no comment), but my wife told me that we can't travel because of the travel restrictions between provinces. But, I saw that megabus is working between Ontario and Quebec.

Do you know if I'm allowed to travel to another province to get an important document for IRCC ?

thanks.
I don't see anything more current than this which says you will not be able to cross into PQ.

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/travelling-region-to-another-covid19/

Reactions: Idrissrafd

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

thanks.
Travel restrictions between Ontario and Quebec have ended.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

• a foreign national

You will land at the first Canadian city and do your 3 day hotel quarantine (Toronto, Montreal, Calargary or Vancouver). You should travel with proof of your negative covid PCR test, proof of your marriage to a Canadian and have your quarantine plan.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,

Last time I was asking about the vaccination for foreigners. Finally I booked my first appointment and it was so easy. However, I’m really really disappointed by one thing here in Canada : the gap between the first dose and the second dose is HUGE for almost everyone! June : 1st dose
Septembre (some of them October lol) : 2nd dose.

How is it possible?! In France, it’s only 3 weeks/1 month between the 1st and 2nd dose with a population of 67M. In US, the same. Even in some “third world countries” it’s fast.

Do you know what’s the reason ? Canada is that poor and doesn’t have enough doses ? Or it’s something else ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Last time I was asking about the vaccination for foreigners. Finally I booked my first appointment and it was so easy. However, I’m really really disappointed by one thing here in Canada : the gap between the first dose and the second dose is HUGE for almost everyone! June : 1st dose

How is it possible?! In France, it’s only 3 weeks/1 month between the 1st and 2nd dose with a population of 67M. In US, the same. Even in some “third world countries” it’s fast.

Do you know what’s the reason ? Canada is that poor and doesn’t have enough doses ? Or it’s something else ?
Do you have the internet? Are you aware of news resources?

The question to 'why' is simple: it was a deliberate strategy. It's precisely what they planned on because of benefits.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-19-pfizer-second-dose-delay-more-antibodies-study-1.6026765

In short: first shot of the vaccine has more effectiveness than originally thought (trials were quite limited and done on the three-week recommended interval, so there was no certainty that waiting longer between shots would be better, although they had good reasons to think it would work better).

Decision was that it would be a better strategy long-term to give first shot to as many people as possible before prioritizing the second shot. (In part because one shot seems to have a strong effect in reducing severity, and reduced severity means less hospitalizations and the negative impacts of having health system overloaded).

You can disagree with the recommendation or the science behind it - it was a relatively risky decision at the time it was made because the information wasn't clear at the time; subsequent studies have mostly shown it was the right decision. (Although criticisms possible too - for some sub-groups like elderly may be better to priortize second shot).

And there's good reason to criticize about slowness of rollout and delivery, although since about mid-April, deliveries and vaccinations have really accelerated. (BTW those estimates of when Canada will switch to second doses - likely to be moved up to before September as deliveries continue to be very high in June and going into July; so for once they're likely to beat the targets, if no major hiccoughs).

Meantime: go ahead and compare the numbers now for France and Canada. Canada: more total doses delivered, more in % of pop that have received one dose (dramatically more, like 20% delta, 38% to 58%), and France - about 10% more of pop that has been fully vaccinated (16% to 6%). That's hardly stellar, with a likely irrelevant benefit from group/herd immunity between 16% and 6%. About the only benefit it would have - seemingly - is making individuals feel better about scheduling their second short earlier.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/track-how-many-people-have-been-given-the-covid-19-vaccine-across-canada-1.5870573

But if you're asking why and wondering if it's because 'poor', well, try the internet, boomer.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjr

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

You are being given free vaccinations instead of having to pay or return to France but want to complain and criticize Canada and call the country poor :rolleyes: Had you done a bit of research or read the news you would realize that the intervals will be shorter but appointments are slowly being rescheduled as deliveries are confirmed and arrive. France currently has 10% more people than Canada with 2 doses (15%) but only has 38% of the population with one dose where as Canada has 58%. Canada has prioritized getting everyone some immunity versus having a small number of people getting 2 doses first like in France. The vaccine you received was not free and you are right to say Canada has a huge deficit due to covid so if you're thankful for your vaccine donating to your local hospital would be a nice gesture.

Reactions: Qwertypod and cjr

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Do you have the internet? Are you aware of news resources?

The question to 'why' is simple: it was a deliberate strategy. It's precisely what they planned on because of benefits.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-19-pfizer-second-dose-delay-more-antibodies-study-1.6026765

In short: first shot of the vaccine has more effectiveness than originally thought (trials were quite limited and done on the three-week recommended interval, so there was no certainty that waiting longer between shots would be better, although they had good reasons to think it would work better).

Decision was that it would be a better strategy long-term to give first shot to as many people as possible before prioritizing the second shot. (In part because one shot seems to have a strong effect in reducing severity, and reduced severity means less hospitalizations and the negative impacts of having health system overloaded).

You can disagree with the recommendation or the science behind it - it was a relatively risky decision at the time it was made because the information wasn't clear at the time; subsequent studies have mostly shown it was the right decision. (Although criticisms possible too - for some sub-groups like elderly may be better to priortize second shot).

And there's good reason to criticize about slowness of rollout and delivery, although since about mid-April, deliveries and vaccinations have really accelerated. (BTW those estimates of when Canada will switch to second doses - likely to be moved up to before September as deliveries continue to be very high in June and going into July; so for once they're likely to beat the targets, if no major hiccoughs).

Meantime: go ahead and compare the numbers now for France and Canada. Canada: more total doses delivered, more in % of pop that have received one dose (dramatically more, like 20% delta, 38% to 58%), and France - about 10% more of pop that has been fully vaccinated (16% to 6%). That's hardly stellar, with a likely irrelevant benefit from group/herd immunity between 16% and 6%. About the only benefit it would have - seemingly - is making individuals feel better about scheduling their second short earlier.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/track-how-many-people-have-been-given-the-covid-19-vaccine-across-canada-1.5870573

But if you're asking why and wondering if it's because 'poor', well, try the internet, boomer.
France is not a good example in termes of vaccination, but I pointed the fact how it's easy to get your second dose in France, regardless of how the campaign is efficient or not. Let's forget France, and let's compare US with Canada. You might argue that Pfizer is produced in States, fair enough, let's compare Canada with Mongolia/Israel/ UAE.

Being fully vaccinated is, obvisouly, a better strategy, especially for the elderly. Canada didn't start its vaccination campaign earlier. Why ?

"subsequent studies have mostly shown it was the right decision" : it's not about the numbers, but about the reproducibility and if it's peer reviewed -even though it has been criticized for many reasons; there's a long discussion in the epistemology books.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
You are being given free vaccinations instead of having to pay or return to France but want to complain and criticize Canada and call the country poor :rolleyes: Had you done a bit of research or read the news you would realize that the intervals will be shorter but appointments are slowly being rescheduled as deliveries are confirmed and arrive. France currently has 10% more people than Canada with 2 doses (15%) but only has 38% of the population with one dose where as Canada has 58%. Canada has prioritized getting everyone some immunity versus having a small number of people getting 2 doses first like in France. The vaccine you received was not free and you are right to say Canada has a huge deficit due to covid so if you're thankful for your vaccine donating to your local hospital would be a nice gesture.
No worries, my family contributed a lot during this pandemic, my mother is a doctor and researcher and she did a great job. I'm also helping financially and it's something normal to do so.