+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
From my point of view, they are already in a room they're not supposed to leave... they are separated. So, now transporting puts everyone else around them at risk as they get from point A to point B.
No. Keeping infectious people in a room that is not fully isolated (air etc) from those that are only potentially infected is a bad idea - move them as soon as there is a positive test. (And yes, hotel rooms are not typically fully air-isolated from other rooms - apart from negative pressure hospital facilities, there aren't that many). Infectious people can be safely kept in separate facilities with other infected people.

They know how to move people. It's not that complicated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
From your perspective, what do you think would be a progressive approach on informing Canadians? Do you think the status quo is the best we can do at this present time?
I'm not paid enough here to come up with a comprehensive approach; and I'm glad I'm not doing it, because it turns out it is a very hard job and the level of basic comprehension is shockingly low.

Do I think it's the best we can do? No. But doing a lot better might not be practical, given the political/social environment.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
So people who are carrying an infectious disease are required to quarantine separately from those not carrying it?

Do people know what the word quarantine means? Did they think it was going to be a bloody spa?

We've only had the concept for a couple thousand years or so.

I don't have the polite words at this point for the level of utter ignorance.
Yea, It's shocking to see the incompetence.
One local hotel told me they work in the service sector and not infectious disease and that's where Public health gets involved.
They don't want positive cases in their hotel that could cause some liability issues especially if it's a well known establishment.

Recently, I think there are some fake covid tests showing up prior to the flights from some areas and I would be very selective
on which quarantine hotel I choose. If I had a choice, of course I would safely quarantine at home away from all the BS.

Be prepared to be shuffled off if you arrive here with a positive test result.

Reactions: armoured

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Because we acted too late and the variants are already in.
What did the Americans do differently that they're not having the same issues? I'm not up to date on their news. I know they're vaccinating really quickly, but prior to that there were states that didn't even mask/lockdown as severely as we have in Canada.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Where did you see that they're not having the same issues? They have significantly more cases and more deaths than Canada per capita, they also require a test before and after flights with self quarantine. Sure they do not have hotel quarantine but at the same time for a very long time, almost every other country had less cases than the US.

They also have banned most foreign nationals from travelling to the US and also yes Canada is in that Tier 4 category, so do most countries in the world so not really saying much, just like Canada recommends not to travel. They did not go into lockdowns or wear masks because they watched 560k people die from Covid (more than World war 1 and world war 2 combined).

They switched gear and worked hard to vaccinate 1/3 of their population so far (1 dose) and get the pandemic more in check but they still face 60k cases and almost 800 deaths a day.

Unfortunately all countries right now do their best in the face of a pandemic with different methods and different circumstances.

Reactions: cjr and armoured

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Where did you see that they're not having the same issues? They have significantly more cases and more deaths than Canada per capita, they also require a test before and after flights with self quarantine. Sure they do not have hotel quarantine but at the same time for a very long time, almost every other country had less cases than the US.

They also have banned most foreign nationals from travelling to the US and also yes Canada is in that Tier 4 category, so do most countries in the world so not really saying much, just like Canada recommends not to travel. They did not go into lockdowns or wear masks because they watched 560k people die from Covid (more than World war 1 and world war 2 combined).

They switched gear and worked hard to vaccinate 1/3 of their population so far (1 dose) and get the pandemic more in check but they still face 60k cases and almost 800 deaths a day.

Unfortunately all countries right now do their best in the face of a pandemic with different methods and different circumstances.
Unfortunately Canada is not doing their best.
From what I can see, all they do is talk, talk, talk and point fingers at each other.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

Is US also a tier 4 country?

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Is US also a tier 4 country?
Since this is the US's assessment of other countries, they are not assessing the risk to US travellers travelling to the US so they are just not in the ranking.

The EU, Australia and Canada recommend to not travel to the US either, so yes, they kinda are.

As to whether Canada actually does its best, it is indeed debatable but for a debate we need actual facts or at least arguments.

Reactions: cjr and his*marty

aliceee94

Jan 20, 2016
Hi, I completed my ArriveCAN app form thingy for my flight on April 14th and it gave me a code but there's a Q letter icon under it with the sentence "Vulnerable people at quarantine location", both on the app and on email.

I'm going to quarantine with my husband and my mother in law (I just got COPR), and my mother in law is considered vulnerable. I'm bringing a signed consent letter from her. Both of them are going to quarantine with me and will not leave the apartment. Canada travel website says that it's allowed if she consents to the quarantine. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation#quarantine

Does that sentence/icon mean I won't be allowed to board my flight if I show it? Really worried about it. Anyone have related experience or info?