+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Anyone see the guidelines that showed up two days ago?

I don't want to read too much into it, but it certainly does sound like they haven't even selected their hotels yet. Dear lords, what is this clownery?

I wonder if someone reminded them after the fact that they can't just give a big handout to one hotel company without some sort of open bid process.
They're casting their rods without a hook...which has been happening from day 1. "15 days to flatten the curve." :rolleyes:

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
keep drinking your koolaid buddy.

If you don't like the math on the world covid deaths, do it yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Phalos

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Anyone see the guidelines that showed up two days ago?

I don't want to read too much into it, but it certainly does sound like they haven't even selected their hotels yet. Dear lords, what is this clownery?

I wonder if someone reminded them after the fact that they can't just give a big handout to one hotel company without some sort of open bid process.
They haven't selected the hotels yet, no. They have had quarantine hotels for some time for the people who arrive in Canada but whose self-isolation plans are determined by CBSA to be insufficient - the Pacific Gateway hotel in Richmond is one of them.

But yeah, this was another example of the government announcing a restriction without actually planning it first. Extremely stupid.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
keep drinking your koolaid buddy.

If you don't like the math on the world covid deaths, do it yourself.
People like you who deny that COVID is an actual public health problem, and go around the internet spouting off about it, are why people don't self-isolate, don't quarantine, spread the virus, and why the government has to impose more and more restrictions because people like you ignore them because you think you're smarter than everyone else.

People like you are the reason the restrictions keep getting increased.

Reactions: cjr

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
They haven't selected the hotels yet, no. They have had quarantine hotels for some time for the people who arrive in Canada but whose self-isolation plans are determined by CBSA to be insufficient - the Pacific Gateway hotel in Richmond is one of them.

But yeah, this was another example of the government announcing a restriction without actually planning it first. Extremely stupid.
And yet the minister of transport was quoted a few days ago saying that the new 3-day hotel requirements might come in effect as early as today. How could that have possibly been true?

Perhaps I'm naïve, but if I were in that position, I'd make all the arrangements with the hotels first, and announce them after. Not announce my intent to maybe, in the future, make arrangements with some hotels and security staff, taking effect who knows when, with no further details.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
COVID is now the leading cause of death in the US. Its relatively low death rate should not make you minimize its impact on our society and healthcare system.

I work in healthcare myself, it's no joke.
Agree. I know at least 3 people who died from it (local. all parents of friends). And a few being hospitalized. I know at least 1 still struggling with lung damage after she "recovered" ... :(

It's very real.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Nowhere did I say one shouldn't self isolate or quarantine. I am saying the measures are not lining up to the facts. I haven't travelled since March, I wear my mask, I sanitize, I self isolate, I follow everything that is mandated of me. I am allowed to be tired of it when there are NO RESULTS. You are assuming you know me - I have abided by every mandate so go **** yourself.
Stop spreading misinformation and COVID denialism on the internet then. And be brave enough to curse at me and not hide it behind asterisks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
And yet the minister of transport was quoted a few days ago saying that the new 3-day hotel requirements might come in effect as early as today. How could that have possibly been true?

Perhaps I'm naïve, but if I were in that position, I'd make all the arrangements with the hotels first, and announce them after. Not announce my intent to maybe, in the future, make arrangements with some hotels and security staff, taking effect who knows when, with no further details.
Sadly, this has been what the government has done since day one - they've announced that they will make stricter requirements but not implemented them, and in the meantime, people rush back to the country bringing infections with them. It's stupid, foolhardy, and causing more problems than it's solving.

I work in government as a policy professional and this process of announcing policies before they're planned leads to disasters.

Reactions: Gtiffen and mahtax