+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I agree but you can't turn the clocks back.
Until most get vaccinated this is going to continue....Stay healthy.
Thanks, it's all I can do...but at the same time it's nearing a year since I've seen my husband and I don't know how much more of this I can take. And, all I hear about how a good portion of Canadians don't want the vaccine...and this will just make everything drag on longer.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thanks, it's all I can do...but at the same time it's nearing a year since I've seen my husband and I don't know how much more of this I can take. And, all I hear about how a good portion of Canadians don't want the vaccine...and this will just make everything drag on longer.
You're not alone..... Hope my wife thinks the same way :)
Once they figure out vaccine supply and logistics, I'm sure many will change their minds after they see the benefits.
Then we will see what rolls out with all the travel restrictions.

• Love
Reactions: his*marty

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
The fact that your family will be quarantining with you is one of the major flaws in the system. Quarantining with your family isn’t true quarantining and has resulted in many non-travelling family getting infected and many non-travelling family members infecting others and potentially putting more strain on the health system. Still puzzled as to why quarantine with non-travellers is allowed. It just risks infecting more people and is public health 101. Having people quarantine in hotels makes sure people are at least negative before quarantining with non-travelling family members which is extremely common. It is still unclear what public health will require but there is a mention that quarantine plans will be reviewed more in depth to see if they are suitable. In other countries with more successful policies you quarantine without any non-travellers.

And you are confident that hotels and the staff is better with quarantine because they are germs free, they don't botch,

And generalize all the families are carefree, cannot manage and have to rely on something predetermined which is arduous after a long flight and risking with the random groups of people, places.

Everyone is jumping the gun and raving about one best way for everyone which is not right.

Reactions: his*marty

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
And you are confident that hotels and the staff is better with quarantine because they are germs free, they don't botch,
Not going to comment on how your family planned to handle this.

But for qualified hotels, I think their staffs will try to avoid interacting with you/person in quaratine in-person as much as they can.
There are protocol and procedures.
Travellers are the ones that needs quaratine. No one is "germs free" in reality. But this is a move to try to slow down spreading of the virus in Canada.

Here is some lighter reading on this family trying to stay isolated with their kid that got covid within the same apartment.
They tried to stay sepreated, clean, wear mask...etc. But it's not very practical.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/6-year-old-with-covid-1.5898390

Last edited:

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
Not going to comment on how your family planned to handle this.

But for qualified hotels, I think their staffs will try to avoid interacting with you/person in quaratine in-person as much as they can.
There are protocol and procedures.
Travellers are the ones that needs quaratine. No one is "germs free" in reality. But this is a move to try to slow down spreading of the virus in Canada.

Here is some lighter reading on this family trying to stay isolated with their kid that got covid within the same apartment.
They tried to stay sepreated, clean, wear mask...etc. But it's not very practical.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/6-year-old-with-covid-1.5898390

So babies should be separated from their parents at the airport is your new solution

Size of the family matters, size of house can be taken into consideration, online groceries can be washed, food can be ordered online.

If we go with straw man falsy then school should never be reopened

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Quarantine in shared small apartment is not recommended, but if your family has a house that has separate room, bathroom and kitchen then it's good. When I came back from abroad in October I stayed in my family's house that had separate bathroom, kitchen and bedroom. This is the best option to quarantine .

Reactions: Shoaib Akhtar

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So babies should be separated from their parents at the airport is your new solution

Size of the family matters, size of house can be taken into consideration, online groceries can be washed, food can be ordered online.

Babies are not travelling alone, right?! I believe they will be qauterined with their parents.

Again, you may not get the idea. It's about not spreading the virus from outside of Canada into Canada.

The news I shared is about how hard to really quaratine some family member while living in a small apartment. They ended up quaratined in the apartment together (since all tested +ve and 1 got sick) for a month until all are well.

I have no idea what is your situation. Just saw that on the news today.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
99 percent complied with quarantine rules, because police visiting and fines for not isolating is good deterrent for almost everybody. Except those who return from tropical destinations everybody should have a right to quarantine at home.Period.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
99 percent complied with quarantine rules, because police visiting and fines for not isolating is good deterrent for almost everybody. Except those who return from tropical destinations everybody should have a right to quarantine at home.Period.
There was very minimal monitoring of people in quarantine so there is no way to determine that 99% of people quarantined correctly. Ontario estimates that 25% are not quarantining.

Reactions: k.h.p.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

And generalize all the families are carefree, cannot manage and have to rely on something predetermined which is arduous after a long flight and risking with the random groups of people, places.

Everyone is jumping the gun and raving about one best way for everyone which is not right.
The hotel quarantine model has been successful in other countries. Many families may want to remain quarantined in their home but unless they have a separate unit like a basement that is available it isn’t possible to quarantine well. The majority are quarantining with their family without a separate bathroom and kitchen, separate ventilation, etc.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
There was very minimal monitoring of people in quarantine so there is no way to determine that 99% of people quarantined correctly. Ontario estimates that 25% are not quarantining.
I agree. Back then they only call my husband twice. I mean someone could lie and said they are home alone. There is no way for them to find out.

Most of those cases that get re-enforcement involved were pretty extreme. Like someone drunk drive and trashed her car and was found still in her quaratine period.

It's in the article:
"Jarbeau cautioned that their numbers might not capture the whole picture since it's up to local police detachments to pass on data to the federal government. "

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

Not sure why you think that families are going to be separated; given that there is no details at all available about this requirement, it's hard to say if your own strawman that you've brought in is made of hay or is real.

Reactions: cjr

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
Not sure why you think that families are going to be separated; given that there is no details at all available about this requirement, it's hard to say if your own strawman that you've brought in is made of hay or is real.
Sit and read in the context