+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Jamaican study permit applicants for Jan 2020?

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Ok. The processing time is 6weeks. Not including weekends. Still have some time left.
I read on this forum where persons were commenting that weekends are included since correspondence are also sent on weekends. Idk CIC website didn’t state. But hey if u follow this forum you will suffer from anxiety and depression lmao

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
My tuition is $16037 for the entire program. I declared $14500 and paid $2300 deposit. In addition to the declared funds,I submitted a sponsor letter of USD$2000 from my friend. Another friend who is a Canadian citizen will provide me with accommodation free of charge. All the supporting documents were submitted
I hope you did not mention your Canadian friend on your application. That will be a red flag to visa being rejected.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I read on this forum where persons were commenting that weekends are included since correspondence are also sent on weekends. Idk CIC website didn’t state. But hey if u follow this forum you will suffer from anxiety and depression lmao
Not really. Some update takes 24 hrs to be updated. They don't work on weekends.

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
I hope you did not mention your Canadian friend on your application. That will be a red flag to visa being rejected.
I did mention my friend since she’s the one providing accommodation. I am not sure what red flag CIC will get since I have a valid visitor’s visa and have been to the country several times. I recently came back from Canada off vacation.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I did mention my friend since she’s the one providing accommodation. I am not sure what red flag CIC will get since I have a valid visitor’s visa and have been to the country several times. I recently came back from Canada off vacation.
oh okay, You are good then. No need to worry about it.

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
oh okay, You are good then. No need to worry about it.
The only basis for which the visa can possibly be denied is the fact that I have less than the required amount that is needed for living expenses. I wasn’t sure if I was to declare the 10k even though I have free accommodation.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
The only basis for which the visa can possibly be denied is the fact that I have less than the required amount that is needed for living expenses. I wasn’t sure if I was to declare the 10k even though I have free accommodation.
I heard that they recommend the amount indicated on the letter of acceptance plus the CAD 10000

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
I heard that they recommend the amount indicated on the letter of acceptance plus the CAD 10000
Yh. My friend declared first semester since it was a one year program, a sponsor letter from his friend who was providing accommodation and a letter from is work indicating that he’s was approved study leave. His visa was approved but I’m wondering if CIC assumed he was gonna be paid on while on such leave. Idk puss and dog don’t have the same luck so I just have to trust God that it will work out in my favour

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Yh. My friend declared first semester since it was a one year program, a sponsor letter from his friend who was providing accommodation and a letter from is work indicating that he’s was approved study leave. His visa was approved but I’m wondering if CIC assumed he was gonna be paid on while on such leave. Idk puss and dog don’t have the same luck so I just have to trust God that it will work out in my favour
yeah. Trusting in God is the option because no one knows if the visa officer who is in charge of your application will wake up on his her left foot lol. I am also waiting for my study permit feedback. I applied on 27th September and I should get feedback by 9th october since I am applying from USA

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
yeah. Trusting in God is the option because no one knows if the visa officer who is in charge of your application will wake up on his her left foot lol. I am also waiting for my study permit feedback. I applied on 27th September and I should get feedback by 9th october since I am applying from USA
That’s next week Wednesday. Did you declare your current status in US? All the best.