+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any issue with student visa, if i had pr earlier

amencanada

Aug 11, 2019
I had gone to canada in 2006, we got a pr card but came back when i was a minor (8 years). Now(2019-2020) I want to go for my masters to canada, i'm 21-22 years. Will there be any issue in getting my student visa?

amencanada

Aug 11, 2019
Have you officially renounced your PR status?

Here is an old but perhaps extreme case, but maybe you can learn something:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/minor-who-lost-pr-status-because-of-parents-decisions.129995/
no i have not yet renounced my pr status. I'm planning to renounce it right away. I have a few doubts about the pr renounce application. can i send my application as well as my parents application in one envelope through post to IRCC? Also, the application asks residence address of canada, but i have no address in canada as i did not live there for long. should i keep it blank or should i write any relative's address?

amencanada

Aug 11, 2019
Have you officially renounced your PR status?

Here is an old but perhaps extreme case, but maybe you can learn something:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/minor-who-lost-pr-status-because-of-parents-decisions.129995/
As you mentioned about this case, the girl got her prtd in just 4 months. if in case it takes longer in my case, can i apply for renouncing side by side? or ask the officials to cancel my prtd request, as they will have my original passport according to the prtd document checklist

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
no i have not yet renounced my pr status. I'm planning to renounce it right away. I have a few doubts about the pr renounce application. can i send my application as well as my parents application in one envelope through post to IRCC? Also, the application asks residence address of canada, but i have no address in canada as i did not live there for long. should i keep it blank or should i write any relative's address?
Should be okay, if you have no Canadian address try if you can go with N/A.

As you mentioned about this case, the girl got her prtd in just 4 months. if in case it takes longer in my case, can i apply for renouncing side by side? or ask the officials to cancel my prtd request, as they will have my original passport according to the prtd document checklist
PRTD and renunciation have completely opposite effects, I don't think you can apply for them side by side.