+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any issue if landing with renewed passport with PR stamp in old passport?

pinterest

Feb 13, 2013
Hi,

My child's passport(India) is getting expired in October 2014. My child got PR stamped in January 2014, valid till October 2014(till passport expiry date). The landing is planned sometime in May-June, 2014.

I am planning to renew my child's passport and land using the new passport along with old passport which has PR stamp. Will there be any issue in landing with new passport?
or
Will it be better to land using the existing passport and renew that after landing in Canada? But there will be very short time for renewal of the passport and possibly affect my child's return to India to complete the remaining education commitments in India.
Also I will have problem if the planned landing is delayed beyond June 2014, as the passport expiry is very near.

Seeking valuable advice / guidance from the members of the forum.. :)

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
pinterest said:
Hi,

My child's passport(India) is getting expired in October 2014. My child got PR stamped in January 2014, valid till October 2014(till passport expiry date). The landing is planned sometime in May-June, 2014.

I am planning to renew my child's passport and land using the new passport along with old passport which has PR stamp. Will there be any issue in landing with new passport?
or
Will it be better to land using the existing passport and renew that after landing in Canada? But there will be very short time for renewal of the passport and possibly affect my child's return to India to complete the remaining education commitments in India.
Also I will have problem if the planned landing is delayed beyond June 2014, as the passport expiry is very near.

Seeking valuable advice / guidance from the members of the forum.. :)
Normally when you get your new passport and your old one has valid visa, you can still use your old one alongside with the new one.
And there is no effect/impact using your visa on your old passport. The most important thing is your VISA VALIDITY on your passport.

2nd Question - it is not better but rather the same. It is at the end of the day your decision. The only thing here is you might end up having very short time to renew the passport. Either way look at the processing timeline renewal and your travel time needs and make the decision.