+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any ideas on this problem??

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I landed today, inland at Vancouver Immigration center, received my PR documents and we were told the PR card will take 12 weeks currently to arrive.

During this time. although we are legally entitled to work, Service Canada will not issue a SIN number unless you have both the PR doc and the visa counterfoil in your passport, or a PR card. Landing inland does not give you that visa counterfoil, you only receive that if you land at a POE.

My question is....is it possible to flagpole at the border, reland and get the visa issued into my pasport so I can get a SIN number, or will i have to wait 12 weeks to be able to continue work?

My temporary work visa is no longer valid due to now having a PR status, and so according to the Immigration Officer today, I am unable to use my temporary SIN number either.

Seems very illogical to me right now......any ideas????

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angelbrat said:
I landed today, inland at Vancouver Immigration center, received my PR documents and we were told the PR card will take 12 weeks currently to arrive.

During this time. although we are legally entitled to work, Service Canada will not issue a SIN number unless you have both the PR doc and the visa counterfoil in your passport, or a PR card. Landing inland does not give you that visa counterfoil, you only receive that if you land at a POE.

My question is....is it possible to flagpole at the border, reland and get the visa issued into my pasport so I can get a SIN number, or will i have to wait 12 weeks to be able to continue work?

My temporary work visa is no longer valid due to now having a PR status, and so according to the Immigration Officer today, I am unable to use my temporary SIN number either.

Seems very illogical to me right now......any ideas????
No, you can't re-land. You are going to have to wait for your PR card. Keep using your Sin until you get your PR card then apply for a new one.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Thanks PMM...that was what I figured.

Does seem highly illogical that Inlander's are discriminated against getting a SIN card immediately...ahhh well such is the logic of Immigration and Service Canada.