+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any idea on the processing time of study permit in London UK Office

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
Yeah according to people having their visas processed in other countries it makes no difference.
I asked because I was wondering why I was not directed to the new portal when starting my application. So I went through the process again and apparently depending on the 'purpose of visit' you select you get directed to either portal. All the reasons direct you to new portal but if you select none of the above it goes to gckey. I was wondering if that has anything to do the priority of the applications. Lol I'm so hopeless now that I'm trying to find a reason to make sense of this delay.
Not sure but some good news, I learned a lady's bf applied for study permit from Netherlands and got routed to High Commission in London for review and she told me her bf had been in process since March 04 2022, and there's no review stage, and she was complaining in the morning but her boyfriend told her that he got OPR around 4pm CET. So London office is working!!!! But maybe there are too many cases so it's way beyond the average 11 weeks timeline for processing applications.

hiethan

May 15, 2022
Not sure but some good news, I learned a lady's bf applied for study permit from Netherlands and got routed to High Commission in London for review and she told me her bf had been in process since March 04 2022, and there's no review stage, and she was complaining in the morning but her boyfriend told her that he got OPR around 4pm CET. So London office is working!!!! But maybe there are too many cases so it's way beyond the average 11 weeks timeline for processing applications.
This is especially good news, thank you for sharing

hiethan

May 15, 2022
Updated two timelines from Chinese applicants who submitted their study permit applications in London, UK.

1. Submitted the study permit application for master's degree in the middle of November 2021
Start to reviewing status in January 2022
On May 28, 2022, the OPR was received
Total time spent 6.5 months

2. Submit study permit application in the beginning of January 2022
Receive OPR at the end of May 2022
Total time spent 4.5 months

Reactions: Aaru9667

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
Updated two timelines from Chinese applicants who submitted their study permit applications in London, UK.

1. Submitted the study permit application for master's degree in the middle of November 2021

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. It seems that the processing time is indeed long in London office. I have seen posts of applicants in China whose non SDS SP got Opr-ed within a week by Beijing and Ottawa ….but glad to hear that London office is working on our applications!

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022

Good news indeed! Im guessing visitor visa processing must take longer then. Weird because when I applied their average processing time was 23 days and now it has dropped to 9 days. So IDK which applications the calculations are based on - maybe ukraine or new portal.

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
Good news indeed! Im guessing visitor visa processing must take longer then. Weird because when I applied their average processing time was 23 days and now it has dropped to 9 days. So IDK which applications the calculations are based on - maybe ukraine or new portal.
I think the processing time on IRCC is just a reference of the average speed and maybe there are outliers on both ends and made that estimation not reliable during a pandemic + war period of time. The processing time for study permit outside Canada is 11 weeks but for many applicants in China, it took 1 week only. While some took 11 weeks or more.

I have seen some Chinese applicants who are currently unemployed and are without university level post secondary educational background got approved for study permit to attend diploma programs within just 3 weeks…,I mean anything can happen but it’s just incomprehensible to me haha. I am not sure if those people are lying or not but apparently they are not advocating their RCIC consultants so I assume they’re telling the truth.

There is a guy I learnt who applied on Jan 29 and his review finished on April 12 by Ottawa with Eligibility marked as Passed but OPR marked as not started in his GCMS notes. He’s still waiting for official OPR…there’s a lady who applied in Nov 2021 via SDS and still has no result.

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I ordered mine on May 11, and I don't expect it to be delivered to me until mid June cuz it takes about 1-1.5 months to process.

As of today, it's already the 77th natural day since I submitted my application...exactly the 11 weeks processing time as described on IRCC's site and still my application is not reviewed........
Heya did you get your GCMS notes? I'm thinking of ordering mine. Which company/site did you use please?

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
Heya did you get your GCMS notes? I'm thinking of ordering mine. Which company/site did you use please?
Not much of info to be honest, but as expected because if they haven’t started reviewing then there is nothing to be seen. So the columns such as Eligibility are all blank. But I can see that they have already processed all application information ready for review. Well I guess with London office the only thing we can do is waiting ?

Reactions: Aaru9667

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Sharing a timeline from someone who had applied for PR I believe.

" Upfront Medical January 7, 2022
Lodged January 10, 2022
Medical Passed March 3, 2022
Biometrics March 18, 2022
PPR April 19, 2022
Passport sent to CVAC in London April 21, 2022
COPR May 26, 2022
But still awaiting passport to be returned."

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
Still no update. I sent a webform yesterday around 3-4PM UK time, but IRCC replied to me with Auto-reply around 1am UK time...I guess waiting is the only way then.............

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
Anybody has any update? Just sent another webform today...it's been 104 natural days and 74 work days for me...still no update.

hiethan

May 15, 2022
The London office just responded this morning to a webform I submitted in early March, when I was still enquiring about my visitor's visa, which had long since been approved.
It looks like the London office has only progressed to March with the webform.

I joined a group chat for applying for a Canadian visa in London, UK. I found that from the end of February to the beginning of March, the London office issued almost none of the visitor, study, work and super visas for non-Ukrainian citizens.

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
The London office just responded this morning to a webform I submitted in early March, when I was still enquiring about my visitor's visa, which had long since been approved.
It looks like the London office has only progressed to March with the webform.
Thanks for the info mate. I am starting to worry now that if they could make it before my program starts in Sep. I am a bit surprised with the volume in London office…..

hiethan

May 15, 2022
Thanks for the info mate. I am starting to worry now that if they could make it before my program starts in Sep. I am a bit surprised with the volume in London office…..
I have received many emails from my future university recently and they kept asking me to provide a copy of my study permit as soon as possible and the deadline is August 30. Otherwise I cannot take part in new student registration and course selection.
So I'm worried too, I've submitted the wenform again but I guess it will be a long time before the London office staff will see it.