+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any idea on the processing time of study permit in London UK Office

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I use gckey to apply. After I received the message of reviewing the eligibility, the application was approved in less than a day. There were no other updates besides that, so it was basically the same as a straightforward decision because when you receive the update, you will get the final result right away.
Cool. Thanks!

SUKAN_26

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I also submitted a visitor visa application to the London office in January 2022. I used webforms many times to ask several questions at that time. I still have not received any response until my visa was approved a month later. It has been almost 4+ months now and I still have not received any response - even though it doesn't matter anymore, the visa has been approved.

My advice is to never expect any response from the London office regarding any webform message.
Thank you so much for responding I thought it was only me.

SUKAN_26

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Nope not yet - Applied Apr 9th. What does it say for your biometrics and background check?
There has been no progress in my application - My travel date is 27th may I guess I need to cancel it.
My review has not even started.

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Naveedrph

May 12, 2022
Hi All,

I have submitted a visitor visa on March 16th and Biometrics was done on April 4th in London VO the processing time then was 23 days and has currently changed to 5 days.
There is no progress in my application until today
I have raised multiple web-forms but not received any response on the same.
Has anyone recently received a PPR applying from the London VO.
I gave biometric on 12 April and still waiting for any positive update. Which one portal you used for visitor visa? I used GCkey site and submitted IMM5257 application form along with the required invitation letter for conference. I am still confused whether i applied through the right route or not. I dont know why they have two portal which confuses alot of applicants. Some apply through IRCC online web and some are using GCKey site.

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Hi All,

I have submitted a visitor visa on March 16th and Biometrics was done on April 4th in London VO the processing time then was 23 days and has currently changed to 5 days.
There is no progress in my application until today
I have raised multiple web-forms but not received any response on the same.
Has anyone recently received a PPR applying from the London VO.
If you read their reviews, you will see that their processing times can't be trusted. Reviews from 2018/2019 (before covid or the situation in ukraine) say that people have waited atleast 50 -90 days and still not heard from them.

SUKAN_26

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I gave biometric on 12 April and still waiting for any positive update. Which one portal you used for visitor visa? I used GCkey site and submitted IMM5257 application form along with the required invitation letter for conference. I am still confused whether i applied through the right route or not. I dont know why they have two portal which confuses alot of applicants. Some apply through IRCC online web and some are using GCKey site.
You have applied it the right way - I have applied through the GCkey with the IMM5257 & a Invitation letter from my family to visit them.
From MAR 16th as my application date I have not received any approval.
Not sure how long it is going to take.

Jaskhela

Feb 21, 2020
I was refused two years ago for Canada visitor visa and after two days I got approved for us b1/b2 visa

reason for refusal: eu family member limited stay in the uk brp card valid until 2024 it was still 4 years were remaining on the card

2. Job easily transferable

3. large amount transfers made

last year my documents got stolen all my ID’s passport.

last month applied us visa again on new passport and got approved

strong travel history around Europe

Applied Canada vist visa again
from London: 12th may 2022

Used old biometrics updated next day by them

and still reviewing process hasn’t started

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
I also submitted a visitor visa application to the London office in January 2022. I used webforms many times to ask several questions at that time. I still have not received any response until my visa was approved a month later. It has been almost 4+ months now and I still have not received any response - even though it doesn't matter anymore, the visa has been approved.

My advice is to never expect any response from the London office regarding any webform message.
Congrats man, have you ever tracked when your application was updated from "Processing" to the "Review" stage? Thanks.

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
Nope not yet - Applied Apr 9th. What does it say for your biometrics and background check?
I already had my biometric collected in my first application (which was rejected back in 2021), so it's automatically updated in my current application.

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
If you read their reviews, you will see that their processing times can't be trusted. Reviews from 2018/2019 (before covid or the situation in ukraine) say that people have waited atleast 50 -90 days and still not heard from them.
It's been 72 days for me, and it's still processing...

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I was refused two years ago for Canada visitor visa and after two days I got approved for us b1/b2 visa

reason for refusal: eu family member limited stay in the uk brp card valid until 2024 it was still 4 years were remaining on the card

2. Job easily transferable

3. large amount transfers made

last year my documents got stolen all my ID’s passport.

last month applied us visa again on new passport and got approved

strong travel history around Europe

Applied Canada vist visa again
from London: 12th may 2022

Used old biometrics updated next day by them

and still reviewing process hasn’t started
What's your status here in the UK - T2 or student? Also, what did you change in your second application compared to the first one?

Naveedrph

May 12, 2022
You have applied it the right way - I have applied through the GCkey with the IMM5257 & a Invitation letter from my family to visit them.
From MAR 16th as my application date I have not received any approval.
Not sure how long it is going to take.
Thank you. And what was your expected date of leaving for Canada? As i have conference and if i get visa after my conference then how they will justify if i already mention the leaving date.

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Thank you. And what was your expected date of leaving for Canada? As i have conference and if i get visa after my conference then how they will justify if i already mention the leaving date.
What docs did you include?
From what I've read, they will process it regardless. Upto the VO.

Naveedrph

May 12, 2022
What docs did you include?
From what I've read, they will process it regardless. Upto the VO.
I have submitted the invitation letter of oral talk, issued by the concerned conference. My other colleagues have applied for the same conference using IRCC online portal where they selected business category visa but they are still waiting. The two portal system have confused alot of applicants. I already filled the IRCC online application but unable to decide either to submit or wait ...If i submit it may delay the whole process ..not sure