+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any hope for Africans anymore?

stinger27

May 27, 2022
I'm a little disappointed because after setting my heart on Canada I recently found out that lately they've been really strict on Africans, especially Nigerians, wanting to enter the country for school. Apparently from what I read the chances of them accepting someone my age (20 years old) is really low, 14% - 20%. Those numbers look really alarming. An agent advised me to try UK instead but I'm going to be honest and say I'm not really excited about there, the only advantage of UK is that I have lots of family there. But then again they're family that are practically strangers to me.

As long as I can prove that I have more than enough money to pay for the whole of my education and living expenses, would I still have a chance? I honestly have no intentions of attempting to become a refugee or any other biased claim they mark Africans with :/ I wanted to study a diploma in something tech related and hopefully add some value to the society. Or should I just take the agent's advise to give up and go for UK instead?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm a little disappointed because after setting my heart on Canada I recently found out that lately they've been really strict on Africans, especially Nigerians, wanting to enter the country for school. Apparently from what I read the chances of them accepting someone my age (20 years old) is really low, 14% - 20%. Those numbers look really alarming. An agent advised me to try UK instead but I'm going to be honest and say I'm not really excited about there, the only advantage of UK is that I have lots of family there. But then again they're family that are practically strangers to me.

As long as I can prove that I have more than enough money to pay for the whole of my education and living expenses, would I still have a chance? I honestly have no intentions of attempting to become a refugee or any other biased claim they mark Africans with :/ I wanted to study a diploma in something tech related and hopefully add some value to the society. Or should I just take the agent's advise to give up and go for UK instead?
Post your question to the International Students section of the forum.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

There's a Nigerian thread here (in the International Students section). Join those discussions.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-challenges-for-nigerian-applicants.610910/page-266

stinger27

May 27, 2022
I'm a little disappointed because after setting my heart on Canada I recently found out that lately they've been really strict on Africans, especially Nigerians, wanting to enter the country for school. Apparently from what I read the chances of them accepting someone my age (20 years old) is really low, 14% - 20%. Those numbers look really alarming. An agent advised me to try UK instead but I'm going to be honest and say I'm not really excited about there https://vlc.onl, the only advantage of UK is that I have lots of family there. But then again they're family that are practically strangers to me.

I got this,..