+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any good lawyer in Toronto for consultation

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
I will come to Canada may be 4 months later and file asylum regardless my previous visits in Canada. Not to mention I have visited Canada three times already for academic purpose. Why filing asylum in future should be contingent upon how many time I have visited Canada and return back to the U.S.. Say, after 4 or 6 months later, my stay in the US will be exhausted. Then, given that I cannot return back to my country due to safety issue, I can come to Canada in the visit visa and file asylum. Please share me if there is any technical issue that may stands on the concept. And that is why, I am looking for a lawyer's consultancy.
Based on your education level you should look into Express Entry or the Provincial Nominee Programs. Assuming that you have valid reasons to seek refuge, a refugee claim should be your very last resource. The consequences of applying for refugee are quite harsh (your passport will be taken away, certain provinces won't give you a driver´s licence, some banks won't open you a bank account, some employers won´t hire you due to the uncertainty of your immigration status... basically you become a very low-class resident).

Ryana

May 28, 2018
If you are traveling into the US and Canada and then return to your home country or the US it shows that you don't need asylum. You either need asylum or you don't. You can't plan to seek asylum when it's convenient.
In other words you don't need asylum and you are not a refugee

Sam_rash

May 12, 2018
I came to Toronto and met a legal aid worker at Legal Aid Ontario office. She note down my details for two hours or so. I received an email three days later noting that once I will come and reside in Ontario, they will be happy to work with me. However, I have to prove my financial inability. In the mean time, they urged me to get advice from a professional lawyer (name withdrawn) not to get caught by Safe Third Country Agreement during border crossing. As per the lawyer's opinion, while my case is likely to be strong, my country has a huge concern of false document. He also mentioned that I have to explain my travel to and from my country during last five years. The lawyer draws the end mentioning that LAO will work with me and present my case if I am financially eligible.