+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Edmonton 2019-2020 Applicants get Online Testing invite?

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Please type Canadian Citizenship Test on FB search and try to find the page.
Dont bother asking CIC to put your application on hold for an year. The way things are now, they are holding our applications as is for more than an year.
I think I saw that we have to report to CIC for any trips abroad more than 2 weeks. Does it affect our application? I accepted a contract position abroad for 1 year from this coming October.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
I think I saw that we have to report to CIC for any trips abroad more than 2 weeks. Does it affect our application? I accepted a contract position abroad for 1 year from this coming October.
You have to be physically present in Canada if you want to take the test and oath. When did you apply? I dont think we need to update IRCC if you make more than 2 weeks trip to abroad.

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
You have to be physically present in Canada if you want to take the test and oath. When did you apply? I dont think we need to update IRCC if you make more than 2 weeks trip to abroad.
I applied last September, it is shown they started processing in February. If it is approved before next October, my family might encounter other problems back in our country. It says here, on the CIC website, that we should contact them if leaving the country in a row. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

I am wondering if it would jeopardize the application if I leave the country for more than 2 years without informing CIC.

Last edited:

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
online applicant Dec 10 2020(No-urgent), received Test invitation from Edmonton office on March 11 2021.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
I applied last September, it is shown they started processing in February. If it is approved before next October, my family might encounter other problems back in our country. It says here, on the CIC website, that we should contact them if leaving the country in a row. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

I am wondering if it would jeopardize the application if I leave the country for more than 2 years without informing CIC.
It wouldn't effect your application. Please make sure you keep your permanent resident status active until you attain the Citizenship.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
online applicant Dec 10 2020(No-urgent), received Test invitation from Edmonton office on March 11 2021.
They can process the online applications from home. Paper applications are considered "Protected B" and cannot leave the desk of the IRCC agent without special permission. If that agent doesn't go into the office or only goes on infrequently, little to nothing gets done.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
They can process the online applications from home. Paper applications are considered "Protected B" and cannot leave the desk of the IRCC agent without special permission. If that agent doesn't go into the office or only goes on infrequently, little to nothing gets done.
that makes sense...but it is a complete BS

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
that makes sense...but it is a complete BS
Agreed. I've also had a report from a reliable source that the Edmonton office is very lightly staffed (perhaps no more than 3 agents), and Citizenship applications are at the very bottom of the priority list (I can't verify that, so it's not much more than a rumor - please take with a grain of salt...).

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Agreed. I've also had a report from a reliable source that the Edmonton office is very lightly staffed (perhaps no more than 3 agents), and Citizenship applications are at the very bottom of the priority list (I can't verify that, so it's not much more than a rumor - please take with a grain of salt...).
There is a high chance that what you are saying is true. My friend's wife is a citizenship and passport agent here in Edmonton office , we had a chat last week. She is supposed to be ''working'' from home to stay safe from covid-19 but guess what, she is also working part time at a restaurant now and being in contact with the public. How logical is this?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
There is a high chance that what you are saying is true. My friend's wife is a citizenship and passport agent here in Edmonton office , we had a chat last week. She is supposed to be ''working'' from home to stay safe from covid-19 but guess what, she is also working part time at a restaurant now and being in contact with the public. How logical is this?
There is no logic to what's going on... :mad:

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
This is incorrect, the entire paper application is scanned and uploaded on GCMS. The paper application is then archived by a third-party government contractor who keeps it for five years after a decision is made on the application. Therefore, officers could still work from home on paper application from the GCMS but it is just inconvenient since they don’t have the hard copy application on hand.

• Angry
Reactions: Omegabyte