+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Edmonton 2019-2020 Applicants get Online Testing invite?

alex_123

Jul 13, 2020
The what? "Put your application on hold"?? My god that should not come out from them at all...
I know! But here is the email they sent to me recently:

Unavailability - Please contact the office

You can notify us of your period of unavailability and request that the responsible IRCC office does not schedule an appointment during this time frame.

To do so, please send a letter indicating:
  • Complete name and date of birth,
  • Address in Canada before departure,
  • Address abroad,
  • Name and phone number of a contact person in Canada,
  • Unavailability periods,
  • Availability, if you return to Canada for a short stay during the unavailability period,
  • Reasons for unavailability,
  • Supporting documents regarding the situation, if applicable, and
  • Signature and date the letter was signed.
You can send your explanation either by:
The responsible office will communicate with you if they require more information or once another appointment is scheduled.

Please note that your application could be considered abandoned if you cannot attend a scheduled appointment due to a period of unavailability and/or fail to provide an acceptable explanation.

For more information, please consult the procedures for abandonment of a citizenship application.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
I am from Calgary. Done with test in January. No update since then. Have to visit home country in May but cant plan anything since I cannot find anyone receiving oath invites since last 4-5 months/ no hope.
On FB citizenship page, I read someone applied for emergency oath processing and had their oath scheduled in a week from Calgary office in feb.
It looks like we need to either have medical reasons or ticket booked to have emegency oath request processed/approved.

I noticed decent amount of test invites for Calgary applicants on the FB page, however Edmonton office seems to be more quieter relatively.

Reactions: Omegabyte

alex_123

Jul 13, 2020
I am from Calgary. Done with test in January. No update since then. Have to visit home country in May but cant plan anything since I cannot find anyone receiving oath invites since last 4-5 months/ no hope.
On FB citizenship page, I read someone applied for emergency oath processing and had their oath scheduled in a week from Calgary office in feb.
It looks like we need to either have medical reasons or ticket booked to have emegency oath request processed/approved.

I noticed decent amount of test invites for Calgary applicants on the FB page, however Edmonton office seems to be more quieter relatively.
I booked a flight and sent them the tickets hoping it could help to expedite the application. All they said was : "You have your PR, so you can go to your home country if you want to. Just let us know and we'll put your application on hold".

sumansidhu

Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 march
File Transfer...
2 may
Med's Done....
13 feb
Is your application at Edmonton office? And when did you get your online test invite?
I got online test on 15 feb . Did my test on 19 feb . 23 feb they want my wife fingerprints again.. did fingerprints yesterday. Hope for the best

treasuredone

Feb 25, 2016
You did the test and are almost at the finish line! I wouldn’t put it on hold.. But I also understand. I am from Calgary and can’t believe I’m waiting for those 20 questions for ONE YEAR. I had to be Canadian for ten times already!
Calgary based applicant here as well. 17 months wait so far, and counting. I've had to apply for a PR Card renewal cos my current card expires next month.

• Sad
Reactions: calgary1991

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
I booked a flight and sent them the tickets hoping it could help to expedite the application. All they said was : "You have your PR, so you can go to your home country if you want to. Just let us know and we'll put your application on hold".
:mad:

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013

What is the FB page that you mentioned? Is it bad if I ask CIC to put my citizenship application on hold for a year?

Citizen19

Nov 22, 2019
I got online test on 15 feb . Did my test on 19 feb . 23 feb they want my wife fingerprints again.. did fingerprints yesterday. Hope for the best
Where did you do fingerprints? I called RCMP office and was told they are not doing fingerprints due to covid19

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
How do we find out which office our application is forwarded to?
It will be forwarded to the nearest IRCC office to your home address that is processing Citizenship applications. Northern Alberta (north of Red Deer) seems to go to Edmonton, Southern Alberta goes to Calgary.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
What is the FB page that you mentioned? Is it bad if I ask CIC to put my citizenship application on hold for a year?
Please type Canadian Citizenship Test on FB search and try to find the page.
Dont bother asking CIC to put your application on hold for an year. The way things are now, they are holding our applications as is for more than an year.

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
It will be forwarded to the nearest IRCC office to your home address that is processing Citizenship applications. Northern Alberta (north of Red Deer) seems to go to Edmonton, Southern Alberta goes to Calgary.
Oh, I did not know that - I used the address in Calgary on the application as I took a job there. However, I live in Toronto and shall go back there soon. Does that mean if I change my address back to Toronto, I would have to go to Calgary for test and so forth?

Last edited: