+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Day 1 CPT holders from US planning to do a soft landing to validate PR card?

Jul 19, 2021
Hi, I am looking if there are people who are on Day 1 CPT in US have made a trip to Canada to validate their PR card and then return. I have the following questions and would appreciate any guidance on this:

1. What documents did you take while to show at the US border for re-entry and any questions or experience that I should know of?
2. Should I make an immediate U-turn to US or can I visit my relatives for a few days and then return>
2. I plan to drive to Canadian border from Niagara Falls and have a friend who wants to travel with me to validate his PR card as well. Is there any issue with a friend travelling with me at the border?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am looking if there are people who are on Day 1 CPT in US have made a trip to Canada to validate their PR card and then return. I have the following questions and would appreciate any guidance on this:

1. What documents did you take while to show at the US border for re-entry and any questions or experience that I should know of?
2. Should I make an immediate U-turn to US or can I visit my relatives for a few days and then return>
2. I plan to drive to Canadian border from Niagara Falls and have a friend who wants to travel with me to validate his PR card as well. Is there any issue with a friend travelling with me at the border?
What's the meaning of CPT?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

There is a good chance that your attempt to flagpole will be denied. Unless you can prove you have essential travel reasons you can’t travel to the US.

chaulong

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
just your I20. Maybe CPT offer letter copy? You have 30days to spend in Canada if your f1 visa is expired