+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any concrete evidence on uneployment and travel and self employment

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
has anybody experienced receiving RQ just because he or she was unemployed or self employed ,considering that he or she had not any other problems in his or her application,?please comment if just you are one of them.

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
lucky821 said:
there are many cases when applicants were issued RQ based on this reason.
show me one of them that come here in this forum and tells us that the only reason with 100% assurance was unemployment .tell him to come here and tell us his story.

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
gta-local said:
Does cic specify any reason at the time of issuing rq?
you should ask them and they should provide.you should know why your application is now in category of 35 month processing

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
free said:
show me one of them that come here in this forum and tells us that the only reason with 100% assurance was unemployment .tell him to come here and tell us his story.
You are better off doing some leg work on the forum using the search function but the RQ triage criteria from CIC has unemployment as a trigger - I recall a poster handle Mary Chad got RQd for being a homemaker. In any case what are you trying to achieve? is this a risk factor for you? CIC can RQ you for quality control reasons so worrying about the RQ is moot as it could or could not happen...the one time this is an issue really is if you apply with less than 1095 physical days as this is asking to see the Citizenship Judge.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Example of concrete evidence coming from internal CIC communications (released through ATIP request):

Click for direct image link, if picture is too small: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ek2oo.jpg

And these are indicators:

Applicant Characteristics:

A1 – Use of a suspect residential address.
A2 – NCB in FOSS, Warning or Note(s) in GCMS indicating a concern.
A3 – Previous citizenship applications which were not approved, withdrawn, abandoned, renounced or revoked.
A4 – Discrepancy in absences between citizenship application and CIC information during the relevant 4 years period.
A5 – Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.
A6 – Absences to home country to sell land/property or to take care of ill family member during the relevant 4 year period.
A7 – Applicant has self declared having less than 1095 days of physical presence.

Family Characteristics:

B1 – Child born outside Canada during the relevant 4 year period.
B2 – A child has made a non-concurrent minor application.

Documents

C1 – ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.
C2 – Inconsistency between address on ID and address on application form.
C3 – Photograph and/or signature on the application do not resemble photograph and/or signature on identity document.
C4 – NPR time (non permanent resident time) has been used in the calculation of basic residence and the original entry data used does not appear on the IMM 1000, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence or in CIC records.

GCMS — Global Case Management System (new CIC computer system)
FOSS — Field Operations Support System (old CIC computer system)
NCB — Non-computer based entry
POE — Port of Entry
NPR time — Non-Permanent Resident time
So, the most common reasons for automatic pre-test RQ's last year were A5 and C1.

Not only this, but the majority of pre-test RQ's at least last year were because of unemployment and self-employment with travel (see picture).

C1 criterion was cancelled since then (around November 2012) with OB407-B release, however there's no info on whether A5 is active currently or not.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
free said:
you should ask them and they should provide.you should know why your application is now in category of 35 month processing
People ask why and CIC doesn't tell. What would you do were you in their shoes?

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyRider said:
Example of concrete evidence coming from internal CIC communications (released through ATIP request):

Click for direct image link, if picture is too small:

And these are indicators:

So, the most common reasons for automatic pre-test RQ's last year were A5 and C1.

Not only this, but the majority of pre-test RQ's at least last year were because of unemployment and self-employment with travel (see picture).

C1 criterion was cancelled since then (around November 2012) with OB407-B release, however there's no info on whether A5 is active currently or not.

EasyRider .. I am a Contractor ( Self Employed IT Consultant ) ... ... I landed in Canada 2010 May, Since then traveled to home country only once for 2 weeks vacation . Does it trigger RQ for under A5

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
I landed in December 2010, but did not become employed until March 2011. Eventhough I will be eligible for citizenship in December 2013, I'm planning to apply in March 2014, just to be on the safe side and avoid a possible RQ... ::)