+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any comment will be appreciated

detan

May 30, 2008
Hi,
I don't know if anyone in this forum has any experience or information about what's going on at CIC Accra Ghana. That's where I’m trying to sponsor my wife from since soon 2 years. I want to tell you my case and I will appreciate any comments according to your experiences. I send the sponsor and PR documents to Mississauga in Sept 2006. The sponsorship was approved and the PR file reached CIC Accra Ghana in Nov 2006. There, the processing started in Jan 2007. An interview was required and scheduled for Jan 2008. My wife went to the interview and did it good. The agent kept her birth certificate, the certificate of marriage, her citizenship certificate and her Quebec certificate of selection. Two weeks later we received an email said her police certificate is expired and asked for another one. My wife did it quickly and went to the embassy deposit it. One week later, she received a letter said her medical report is expired and asked for another one. She did a new one that was sent on Feb 2008. Since, we’re still waiting. The status on the web site doesn’t have any change. It is still: ‘’in process’’. It is forbidden to call this place and ask for information. So I don’t know what’s going on with the file. For example what they want to mean by keeping some of her documents? Did our file go back to the queue because of the medical report expiration? How long do must we wait again? What could be the problem if any problem is? What could we expect for the end? Man, I’ m tired. Thanks you very much for comments. God bless you.

LCS

May 5, 2005
To have medical and police checks expire during the processing is normal so they are just asking for updated ones and are proceeding with the application. But this is also good news because if they were going to refuse you they probably would not put you through the trouble of asking for updated information. Your case will not be delayed because of expired information, it happens a lot and it is just to keep your information current. You are nearing the end but that still is never certain just when.
Our case has said "In process" since October 2006 and that my husband's interview "will be" on November 30, 2006. Obviously that has already happened and the status info. on the website is completely useless. You will know that your spouse has received a call of acceptance before they update the webpage.
I am also tired, and also unimpressed and disgusted with CIC.

Bhooman

Jun 2, 2008
Worst place to deal with is Ghana. I am going through some of the pain but a bit differently, my father lived in Accra, Ghana for 2 years and now he is in India. I recieved the sponsorship approval in January 2008 and he applied in India in March 2008. But those 2 months in between were the worst as I and my father were trying to get information about how to get police certificate from Ghana. CIC website has mentioned the process with required documents in which one is money order. But it fails to mentioned the amount. CIC Canada call center had no information about it and so did the CIC Accra, Ghana and CIC New Delhi, India. I called Police commissioner's office in Ghana, even they didn't know. Finally had to send somebody go ther personally and do the process. After 2 months of constant follow up and hundreds of dollars in down they issued a paper to my father (CIC requires the certificate to be sent directly to the visa processing office). When drawn attention to that fact, Police commissioner's office bluntly said take it or leave it, thats all they can do.

I hope that not everybody has to deal with that type of mindsets.

Best of luck to you.

Babyblue74

Jul 25, 2008
I agree with all of you. Ghana is a DIFFICULT office.

applied Aug 2 2006
Hubby's interview Aug 1 2007
Rejected Sept 6 or so
Interviewing officer changed posts Sept 15 or so

The interviewing officer complained at length. Threw out or phone record, all of our receipts, discredited our communication methods and accused my husband that there was never a nigerian civil war and his identity was a lie. also, she didnt record the demoralizing parts. She rejected my husband cause at the time we didnt know a birth certificate existed for him and I believe used it as leverage to further discredit our relationship and then said he was a liar and was using me to get into Canada.

Rejection finalized by the end of September
I signed a teaching contract in Lagos Nigeria Oct 3 2007 and left to live in Nigeria to reunify ourselves by ourselves.
Now back in Canada and I have an ADR Monday. Please pray!
I will go back to Lagos in August and Im not re-settling in Canada until they let him in. I wrote a letter that of course I want to resettle in Canada because of security reasons outlined on the travel report from the consulate in Abuja. If thats not good enough then the people are plain wicked. The Nigerian immigration service gave me a wife visa that is multiple entry and doesnt expire.

Anyway, I agree with Detan that fighting for our rights in a genuine relationship is necessary. The problem is that there are also a lot of people immigrating others under false pretense but CIC isnt very good at deciphering these people and the good people end up waiting...and waiting...and waiting...disaster...oh just wait a bit more...disaster ,....kind of like putting the carrot in front of the horse but never letting it eat.