App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
Hi there,

My wife applied for PR through CEC
she received a letter from CIC dated Nov. 26, asking her to do RCMP record check based on a fingerprint check.
Also asked here to write an explanation regarding a previous committed a criminal offence in Canada in June 2006. That she mentioned in her application!!
In the fact she did not mention that story in her application and she did not know even what the CIC has talking about!!
We reviewed the copy of her application and we did not find any hint indicate that she mentioned in her application that she involved in any criminal offense in Canada

She did digital fingerprint in Dec. 9, and she sent a claim in Dec. 10 to CIC to explain that she did not involve in any criminal offence before and she did not mentioned that in her application.

-in Dec 14 , we received another letter from CIC included a package of Medical check up + same letter that sent before regarding the story of criminal offense in Canada and asking her to do fingerprint !!

My wife has been working since 2003 in Canada under work permanent and she did not involved in any criminal offense

I do not know from where the CIC brought that information.

Why they sent us two letters where the second one included a medical check up + asking her to pay RPRF

Does any one have a comment about this story!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It sounds like they may have you confused with someone else, or your wife shares a name with someone who HAS committed a crime. They ask for fingerprint checks when the name-based check cannot distinguish between those with records and those without...

1. Send a case-specific query - your wife should clarify that she did NOT mention a previous conviction and is confused by the request, and thinks there may have been an error. They will probably confirm their request for a fingerprint check, tho, so...

2. Go ahead and do the fingerprint check - do the electronic version, it will be MUCH FASTER (you will have to do a search for someone near you who can do the electronic fingerprinting, such as Commissionaires).

3. Send a letter stating the facts as (as you did for this forum).

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010