Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Hi guys and thanks in advance for any advice!!!

I was nominated by the BC PNP and got laid off from my job. BC PNP withdrew my nomination so that's it with the Permanent Resident Visa under the BC PNP. I was one of the backlog files, so now the last 18 months were for nothing!

I had a chat with an immigration lawyer and he told me about the CEC. I looked it up and started gathering all my documents. I had my CELPIP test last week and I am waiting for the results.
As soon as I get these I will send out my application. Now my question....

While I was working for my former employer I applied for the PR under the BC PNP and got a temporary resident visa valid until November 2014. But it says I am just allowed for this specific employer!
So now I am not working for this company anymore and I will apply for PR under the CEC.... after stage 1 nomination (fingers crossed I will get it) I want to apply for an open work permit. I know that normally you just get it if your temporary resident visa expires within the next 4 months. So in my case my TRV does not help me at all because I am not working for this employer anymore. The immigration lawyer I talked to said there is a good chance to get an OWP because I am not working for this employer anymore....

Anybody here with any experience about that??? Is there any hope I will get the OWP???

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
ckexploration said:

I was nominated by the BC PNP and got laid off from my job. BC PNP withdrew my nomination so that's it with the Permanent Resident Visa under the BC PNP. I was one of the backlog files, so now the last 18 months were for nothing!

I had a chat with an immigration lawyer and he told me about the CEC. I looked it up and started gathering all my documents. I had my CELPIP test last week and I am waiting for the results.

While I was working for my former employer I applied for the PR under the BC PNP and got a temporary resident visa valid until November 2014. But it says I am just allowed for this specific employer!
So now I am not working for this company anymore and I will apply for PR under the CEC.... after stage 1 nomination (fingers crossed I will get it) I want to apply for an open work permit. I know that normally you just get it if your temporary resident visa expires within the next 4 months. So in my case my TRV does not help me at all because I am not working for this employer anymore. The immigration lawyer I talked to said there is a good chance to get an OWP because I am not working for this employer anymore....

Anybody here with any experience about that??? Is there any hope I will get the OWP???

Thanks a lot guys!!!
What is your NOC code?

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Geologist NOC 2113

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
ckexploration said:

Thanks a lot guys!!!
And when lawyer is saying something always ask for prove..

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Thanks a lot guys!
This is really my last chance here! If I don't get an open work permit then I will go back to Europe...
I am making a lot of debt here right now and I just want to try everything to work here and stay with my girlfriend, Canadian citizen.
Doesn't help me a lot I think and I wanted to go with the CEC because it is faster....
Oh geeze, my hopes are really getting towards zero....
But thanks anyway for any advice, tip or whatsoever
Cheers

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
ckexploration said:
Thanks a lot guys!
This is really my last chance here! If I don't get an open work permit then I will go back to Europe...
I am making a lot of debt here right now and I just want to try everything to work here and stay with my girlfriend, Canadian citizen.
Doesn't help me a lot I think and I wanted to go with the CEC because it is faster....
Oh geeze, my hopes are really getting towards zero....
But thanks anyway for any advice, tip or whatsoever
Cheers
Common-law and PR guaranteed

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Loving her happened at day 1!!! I need an open work permit asap! She doesn't earn enough to support me...
Open work permit is the only chance! If that won't work she'd come with me but that was our last option, really

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
I can't apply for EI and there are no jobs for me here right now with LMO.
That's why I need an OWP to just find a job as whatever.... just to make enough money until the Mining and Mineral Industry is getting better again...

enitsirhc19

Oct 25, 2013
I applied for OWP last oct and it got approved just yesterday, my WP will not expire til Jan 2015.. this just means that with a good cover letter, some VO's still considers giving OWP as long as you have a valid reason.. in my case, i got promoted and wrote them that it would take 5-6 mos for me to obtain a new LMO and WP... Give them a good and nice CL explaining your situation, and theres a big chance that they will grant you OWP. just make sure you have AOR first before applying.

enitsirhc19

Oct 25, 2013
of course when you call cic they will just tell you whats in the rules.. might as well just read it, you will not get advice from them thats not according to their rules.. but VO's have their own discretion.. you can see from different post that theres a lot of people who were granted OWP who's WP isn't within the 4 months of expiration...

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Thanks a lot for your answer! Some positive news and hope are very much needed here right now.
How long did it take until you got the AOR? Online it says 6-8 weeks but I was also reading that some people were waiting for 4 months...
I was already thinking about a good cover letter and I need to make the VO understand that I will be working as a consulting geologist, which means I will have a job for 2 months for company xy and then I will work for company xyz. It doesn't help me to have a work permit that is limited to just one employer.
Thanks again and cheers

enitsirhc19

Oct 25, 2013
i waited 39 days from the time they received my application, i think you will get it faster now, its just because of the strike thats why all apps got delayed, but now that its over i think everything will be back to normal. just one tip, write a positive kind of CL because i've noticed from reading some post that some people used to write negatively like there's so much stress at work, or they are better with higher positions, or their employers are not treating them well. You write those kind of stuffs and you have a high chance of rejection.
Be nice and polite.. thats the key, i use to write cic all the time and luckily, they always answer me back within 3 days whenever i have queries..

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
That was 39 days to get your OWP, right?
I'd like to know how long it took from your CEC application until you got stage 1 approval or AOR and could then apply for the OWP.
Thanks in advance ;)

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Just a little heads up...
I sent out my application for the PR under the Canadian Experience Class on November 22 and just received my stage 1 approval!!!
So now I can sit down and write a cover letter and apply for the open work permit. Cross your fingers, guys.
And thanks for the tips enitsirhc19!