Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Hello,

On December 3rd I received an email from my case officer to provide record of entry/exits to UAE from August 2010 to present ( this is 6 years)!
Since then, I have contacted embassy of UAE in Ottawa and immigration office in Dubai. I can not get this record unless I physically go to Dubai or give POA to someone there. I have never lived or been a resident in UAE. I only traveled to Dubai once in my life for vacation for 3 days .
My question is : Have anyone of you ever been asked for such document? And is there any ways to get it without POA? (The process of notary/authenticating in Ottawa and in UAE consulate will take well over 1 month) and that is IF I find someone who is willing to travel on my behalf to Dubai.

I am going crazy here! As I was waiting and hoping for some good news I received this email from CIC and all my hopes now are down the drain.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
I visit Dubai, particularly on my way to india. It's easy to get if you go or have someone there who can get it for you. A person with some influence in government or immigration department in Dubai can get it for you too. Several people in this forum has been asked to get record of movement, and most of them have been residents. I am reading first time of an instance where 3 days visit is prompting them to ask this.

Mrmr

May 16, 2016
bahaar said:
My question is : Have anyone of you ever been asked for such document?
Yes I had Residency questionnaire on June 2016 and this was one of the requirements, I used to live in Dubai before residing permanently in Canada.
I hear you! It was a very hectic procedure!

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi Mrmr, could you give your time line, how many days of RO did you have. And was it for citizenship you got RQ or PR renewal?

Mrmr

May 16, 2016
mats said:
Hi Mrmr, could you give your time line, how many days of RO did you have. And was it for citizenship you got RQ or PR renewal?
Hi mats ,
It was for PR renewal and my residency was for 775 Days in the previous 5 years
I applied for PR renewal July 2015
Secondary review December 2015
Residency Questionnaire June 2016
Documents Sent back July 2016
No further Updates!

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
It is very strange that they are asking for this Entry/Exit Report for a person who has taken only 3 days vacation in UAE.
Usually they will ask this to prove that you were in that place if that matters to account for the no. of days you were resident in Canada unless they suspect misrepresentation.
If you analyse this logically it makes no sense because the CIC should be concerned with the No. of days present in Canada to meet the RO and not the no. of days absent from Canada. Being present in the UAE is absence.
Also they should be asking for such report only if you were resident and working in UAE. Otherwise they can keep on asking for such reports from every place you have visited in the 5 years under consideration.
Any way who will convince these Case Officers. You have to simply give them what they ask for.

There is a Airport Immigration Office in Terminal 3 (the Emirates Air Terminal). There they give this report. Recently I obtained this for my wife.
They ask for POA, but I think if you give them a letter in Arabic signed by you they will be OK with that. Since I was the sponsor for my wife they gave the report to me.
So please ask any of your friends in Dubai