+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any body did soft landing in past 1 week?..please help by posting your experiences

LakkiCA

Dec 9, 2020
Hello All,
First of all this forum is really helpful. Thanks to the organizers and most importantly to all the members posting their experiences/suggestions and much more, to help immigration aspirants. This is much appreciated.
My case: 1. I have just received COPR that is valid till Feb 2021
2. I am on H1B (expired Visa Stamp)
My Present goal: To complete the PR process and get the PR cards sent to my cousins address in Toronto

What I am planning to do: Do soft landing this weekend and return back using AVR, given they approve my landing and proceed to next steps of sending the PR Cards

I need help with: A. What are my chances to be able to meet a CBP officer to process my landing formalities given below
1. Current travel restrictions
2. Say If I plan to travel on Christmas Day or the following day which is a Saturday

B. What are my best chances to get the PR cards issued (I mean sent to Cousins address)
Do I have a better shot if I plan to quarantine for 14 days and then return back, I am ok to do that if that gets me the PR cards during this visit

Appreciate your responses.
TIA

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
There is plenty of information available regarding your questions, spend some time in going through those instead of asking repeated questions.

LakkiCA

Dec 9, 2020
Thank You for the response, I did go through the existing posts, I wanted to understand the current scenario due to ever changing situations during this Pandemic and travel restrictions. Thanks Again.

jonali1992

Jan 5, 2021
Hello,
I am in the same situation. Did you get your PR card done/soft-landing done successfully?

Thank you
Jonali

LakkiCA

Dec 9, 2020
Hello All, Here is my experience - Date 26th Dec 2020 Fort Eire Peace Bridge. Total time - 40-50 mins (in the storm!!)
We just drove to the Canadian border, officer at check post asked our passports and asked if we have arrived for LANDING.
Officer said we can do all this online and not sure why we actually physically arrive ( I did not understand this part and I just kept quite).
Then she asked if I have the GTF - I replied yes and when she asked the total value we said x amount.
She called the office and asked them if they are doing landings at that time.
She asked how much cash I had on me - I replied very little
How much little - xx dollars
Then she asked us to move forward and stop at a designated parking spot number and make our way in to the office where some one will help further.

We parked our vehicle went in with our docs where an officer asked us to walk up to him and asked if we were there to land in Canada on PR. Replied yes and passed on the documents then he asked if I have an address - Replied yes I have my friends.
He checked few things and then asked if we will be returning to US for which we said yes ,
He said you are not moving now and when do you plan to move - I replied, after the pandemic.
He was fine and asked us to still arrange for quarantine when we return - replied, OK
He asked to share the Canadian address
While this process Is happening another officer came in and asked for GTF - We passed on the list a
After looking at it, he said we cannot declare ornaments in bulk and asked us to describe them further with individual value and asked us to fill that in a form.
While my spouse was doing that I stayed on at the first officers counter, where he asked few regular questions about criminal records asked to sign on COPR, also asked how much settlement funds I have Etc finally said my cards will be sent to the given address. He then stamped all our passports.
Asked to get my wife to sign COPR after which we completed the GTF and they stamped the GTF, gave us a copy and said we are all set to leave
Also informed that until my PR cards Arrive the COPR doc allows us to come back in to Canada.

Took U turn. I had to avail AVR as my stamp expired but with valid I797
on US side - officer asked for passports
How many travelling
Country of origin
Why we traveled to border
Did we go beyond the border
Where we actually live
Which place are we returning to that day
Scanned the passports couple of times
Good to go!!

PS: it was a snow storm out side with visibility less than few meters.

Thank You all for the valuable suggestions in this forum!!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello All, Here is my experience - Date 26th Dec 2020 Fort Eire Peace Bridge. Total time - 40-50 mins (in the storm!!)
We just drove to the Canadian border, officer at check post asked our passports and asked if we have arrived for LANDING.
Officer said we can do all this online and not sure why we actually physically arrive ( I did not understand this part and I just kept quite).
Then she asked if I have the GTF - I replied yes and when she asked the total value we said x amount.
Then she asked us to move forward and stop at a designated parking spot number and make our way in to the office where some one will help further.

We parked our vehicle went in with our docs where an officer asked us to walk up to him and asked if we were there to land in Canada on PR. Replied yes and passed on the documents then he asked if I have an address - Replied yes I have my friends.
He checked few things and then asked if we will be returning to US for which we said yes ,
He said you are not moving now and when do you plan to move - I replied, after the pandemic.
He was fine and asked us to still arrange for quarantine when we return - replied, OK
While this process Is happening another officer came in and asked for GTF - We passed on the list a
After looking at it, he said we cannot declare ornaments in bulk and asked us to describe them further with individual value and asked us to fill that in a form.
While my spouse was doing that I stayed on at the first officers counter, where he asked few regular questions about criminal records asked to sign on COPR, also asked how much settlement funds I have Etc finally said my cards will be sent to the given address. He then stamped all our passports.
Asked to get my wife to sign COPR after which we completed the GTF and they stamped the GTF, gave us a copy and said we are all set to leave
Also informed that until my PR cards Arrive the COPR doc allows us to come back in to Canada.

How many travelling
Country of origin
Where we actually live
Good to go!!

Congratulations :)

Reactions: LakkiCA

Mani_1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019

How many travelling
Country of origin
Where we actually live
Good to go!!

Thanks for sharing the experience..

Basic question: Does the I-94 changes on this trip(softlanding) ?

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
I went to validate COPR at peace bridge on 3/6 and was asked to quarantine, no U turn allowed. Soft landing isn't a problem if you can quarantine. I had to come back on 4th day of quarantine because my kid got an ear infection. I called covid hotline, they said I can leave if I keep quarantined in car and am not exposed to any Canadian.

Read section 8 on this link:
https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=39482&lang=en

Used AVR while coming back. I 94 doesn't change. It's treated as if you never left the country. Just a stamp in passport.

I am worried if officers will go to my place of quarantine (Airbnb) and don't find me, will they just report me. Anyone getting calls after they made the u-turn?

Reactions: Mani_1

Mani_1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hi All,
I went to validate COPR at peace bridge on 3/6 and was asked to quarantine, no U turn allowed. Soft landing isn't a problem if you can quarantine. I had to come back on 4th day of quarantine because my kid got an ear infection. I called covid hotline, they said I can leave if I keep quarantined in car and am not exposed to any Canadian.

Read section 8 on this link:
https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=39482&lang=en

Used AVR while coming back. I 94 doesn't change. It's treated as if you never left the country. Just a stamp in passport.

I am worried if officers will go to my place of quarantine (Airbnb) and don't find me, will they just report me. Anyone getting calls after they made the u-turn?
Thanks for sharing. This is new that not allowed to take U-Turn! Why did ask you to quarantine when you were leaving already any reason given?
You should be fine as you followed the guidelines from the agents you may mention the same, anyone else with experience do comment here.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Thanks for sharing. This is new that not allowed to take U-Turn! Why did ask you to quarantine when you were leaving already any reason given?
You should be fine as you followed the guidelines from the agents you may mention the same, anyone else with experience do comment here.
I know. I requested the officer multiple times stating that quarantine is very difficult with a kid but he said go back without landing or quarantine. So I did.