+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any body did soft landing in past 1 week?..please help by posting your experiences

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Thanks for sharing. This is new that not allowed to take U-Turn! Why did ask you to quarantine when you were leaving already any reason given?
You should be fine as you followed the guidelines from the agents you may mention the same, anyone else with experience do comment here.
My fear about the hotline is that they are not federal agents. They are customer service reps. Don't know how good their word is. According to that link, I am surely following the law. But if agent checking reports me and I don't even know about it, it will be very difficult later.

Mani_1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
My fear about the hotline is that they are not federal agents. They are customer service reps. Don't know how good their word is. According to that link, I am surely following the law. But if agent checking reports me and I don't even know about it, it will be very difficult later.
The link is broken.. My view it should not affect landing.. about fine/other laws you have a justification and did due diligence which you could.
This is new situation for them as well so there would be exceptions.
But experts or anyone with similar experience can comment here.

rajgrk

Apr 17, 2019
Hello All,

I crossed Peace Bridge on March 2nd via Rental Car from US. Entire process was very smooth. I said, I want to complete my landing procedure and return back to US. They took my details, BSF186, 186a and allowed me to return to US after completing the procedure. At US, I had valid VISA and was able to enter without any issues.
I wanted to thank the forum members for sharing their experiences and answering questions.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hello All,

I crossed Peace Bridge on March 2nd via Rental Car from US. Entire process was very smooth. I said, I want to complete my landing procedure and return back to US. They took my details, BSF186, 186a and allowed me to return to US after completing the procedure. At US, I had valid VISA and was able to enter without any issues.
I wanted to thank the forum members for sharing their experiences and answering questions.
Were there any pictures taken for PR card?

rajgrk

Apr 17, 2019
Nopes, but they did take our friends Canadian Address for delivering PR Cards. And they took our COPRs, that has our photos attached. Not sure of taking pictures. Did they do it you?

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
No. I think they wanted pictures for in-land people. I went to peace bridge on 6th and they asked me to quarantine. I had to but returned in 3 days.

Mani_1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
What is the latest
For 'Quarantine plan' when softlanding, Do we need to have booking of Airbnb/Hotel ?
I see some folks not doing and others have done booking, can please someone with experience update on this, I am planning to travel