+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any April applicants got visa

saifaldabagh

Jul 9, 2018
from where everyone is applying ?
I have shared my profile in a previous post.

I applied for a study permit online on 19th of April. The study permit application is being processed in Abu Dhabi. Fingerprints completed on 23rd of April. I have received an admission offer from UBC to study PhD in Civil Engineering starting in September. I have received a research assistantship to cover my expanses in Canada. I am from Iraq and I have been living in Dubai for almost 18 years. I completed my bachelors and masters degree in civil engineering in 2014 and 2016, respectively, and I am currently working as a Structural Engineer in Dubai. I have contacted the embassy in Abu Dhabi through the case specific inquiry on 7th of June and received a reply on 12th of June stating that they are currently conducting certain background investigations. Please note that medical exam was not required since I am currently living in Dubai.

aeshab

May 30, 2018
I have shared my profile in a previous post.

I applied for a study permit online on 19th of April. The study permit application is being processed in Abu Dhabi. Fingerprints completed on 23rd of April. I have received an admission offer from UBC to study PhD in Civil Engineering starting in September. I have received a research assistantship to cover my expanses in Canada. I am from Iraq and I have been living in Dubai for almost 18 years. I completed my bachelors and masters degree in civil engineering in 2014 and 2016, respectively, and I am currently working as a Structural Engineer in Dubai. I have contacted the embassy in Abu Dhabi through the case specific inquiry on 7th of June and received a reply on 12th of June stating that they are currently conducting certain background investigations. Please note that medical exam was not required since I am currently living in Dubai.

Ah I see.

I am Egyptian but I am applying from Singapore, I applied on 24th of April.
I guess we are in the same stage, they told me that the application is pending secondary clearances.