+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANY ADVISE PLEASE !!!

moggy75

Feb 22, 2012
Hello there everybody,I wonder if anybody can help/advise me on which road to go down.
I have met a wonderful lady online in june 2011 and she is from Canada,BC :D,We have since met.(I came to BC for a month in November)And we got engaged while i was there.However we want to be together and our only option is for me to come there to live as she has a daughter in full time education.My job here in the uk does not fall into the skilled worker catergory so that's out,We are planning to get married so i was thinking of having it there in BC and then staying and applying for PR inland.(with my spouse then sponsering me)
I would be very grateful of any advise/info,
Thanks......

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are from the UK - you are far better off applying outland (it will be much faster).

You may also want to read the first post in the following thread. It contains some great advice and information (note that 1st stage of the inland process now takes about 12-13 months to complete):

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
You can apply outland while staying in Canada. Outland vs inland means the visa office, not your physical location. I applied outland while staying in Canada, lots of people do.

Good luck!

moggy75

Feb 22, 2012
pinklady said:
You can apply outland while staying in Canada. Outland vs inland means the visa office, not your physical location. I applied outland while staying in Canada, lots of people do.

Good luck!
Can i apply outland and still stay in BC past my 6 months visitor expiry and i guess i just select a visa office in BC ?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can apply to extend your stay beyond 6 months. If you apply outland, you send the PR application to CIC in Mississauga, Ontario.

moggy75

Feb 22, 2012
canadianwoman said:
You can apply to extend your stay beyond 6 months. If you apply outland, you send the PR application to CIC in Mississauga, Ontario.
Ok thats great thanks.Is there anything else important that i should know about and do you reccommend using a lawyer for the paperwork or is it straight forward/simple ? The more i know the better !!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I think if you read the guides and the forms carefully, you will be able to complete it by yourselves.
Ask questions about anything that confuses you.

You will fill out and send all 3 parts of the application to Mississauga where they assess your wife as a sponsor. This step takes around 54 days. Then Mississauga will forward the application to London where they assess your application for permanent residency.

If you are going to remain in Canada, you must have legal status. Apply to extend your stay as a visitor before your current stay runs out. You can do this online or by mail and the cost is $75.

moggy75

Feb 22, 2012
Some other things im not sure about !!!
I understand that i need a police check and a medical,can i apply to get both of these done while im in Canada waiting for my PR to go through.

success1

Feb 28, 2012
in a case of a temporary worker from the uk who travel to canada and marry his canadian spouse, will he be eligible to still use the london office ? ( not a british citizen, just working there for past two years)

pls note, his work visa expired while in canada and he has not submitted his application to missisauga before the expiration of his temporary visa in the uk while in canada.

moggy75

Feb 22, 2012
success1 said:
in a case of a temporary worker from the uk who travel to canada and marry his canadian spouse, will he be eligible to still use the london office ? ( not a british citizen, just working there for past two years)

pls note, his work visa expired while in canada and he has not submitted his application to missisauga before the expiration of his temporary visa in the uk while in canada.
not sure i understand what your saying here sorry!!!!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
success1 said:

If you need a visa to get back into the UK, do not apply through London (even if you were eligible to do so), because if they call for an interview and you can't get back in to go to it, you will not get the PR visa.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
You should apply via the visa office that services your country of citizenship. People assumed London because you said UK. But if you are a citizen of a different country, you would pick the appropriate visa office for your country. Alternatively, if you are in Canada, you should apply inland. If an interview is required, it will be done inside Canada. You should plan on not leaving Canada for the approximately two years it will take to process an inland application (CIC seems to be getting further and further behind on inland applications.)

success1

Feb 28, 2012
thanks very much computer geek and canadian woman. Maybe i will consider applying inland because i will be needing a visa to the uk and besides, my working contract has expired. But i still wanna ask.

Will CIC extends a visitor status for a reason that '' you would like to spend more time with your spouse in commonlaw for up to a year so you could be eligible to apply inland''

is it a valid reason for extension? And besides can i request for two years?