+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any advice please

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi everyone
in my citizenship app the status changed today to decision made .
in there website they said the decision made mean ( next step will be the ceremony or they will send writing letter of rejection)
my question is : as your experiences there’s any possibility that my next step will not be the invite to the ceremony ?!

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi everyone
in there website they said the decision made mean ( next step will be the ceremony or they will send writing letter of rejection)
my question is : as your experiences there’s any possibility that my next step will not be the invite to the ceremony ?!
What did they tell you at the test/interview/doc check...?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
she said i need about 45 days to decide?
Hmm, not heard that one before.

It’s probably fine but I’d call them up and ask for confirmation on the decision.

If not in a position to call many times and stay on hold a web form should get a reply within a few weeks. 5 days to get to your office and then they should update you - but try and do it via phone if possible.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hi everyone
did you declare any prohibition in the application ? Or are you on any sort of welfare?

Because in order for one to be eligible for the citizenship, one must not have any prohibition ; and must be able to support oneself.

Last edited:

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hmm, not heard that one before.

It’s probably fine but I’d call them up and ask for confirmation on the decision.

If not in a position to call many times and stay on hold a web form should get a reply within a few weeks. 5 days to get to your office and then they should update you - but try and do it via phone if possible.
i called them and they say every thing is OK
BUT why i didn't receive any email or letter to said that i am OK and i just have to wait for the ceremony invite ?

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
did you declare any prohibition in the application ? Or are you on any sort of welfare?

Because in order for one to be eligible for the citizenship, one must not have any prohibition ; and must be able to support oneself.
your information is not correct
no any relationship between welfare and citizenship
may be you mean for the sponsorship
please be sure the next time before said any advice

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
i called them and they say every thing is OK
BUT why i didn't receive any email or letter to said that i am OK and i just have to wait for the ceremony invite ?
There isn’t normally any update on the website or my email between the interview and decision made. Because normally you get the decision told to you verbally.

It’s probably the same reason that there’s no update after submitting fingerprints... it’s just not setup to do it. A shame really as some extra bits of communication would probably halve the number of phone calls they get. I certainly wouldn’t have had to call them a month after my FP if the site had said it was all okay, but the lack of any update lead to me wanting check it had all gone though okay.