camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANY 1 GOT STUDY PERMIT APPLYING FROM THE PRETORIA OFFICE

hangon11

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Haven't applied yet but got refused on a visitor visa a couple of months ago.

Have you submitted your visa application already?

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
About to applied soon.......which permit are you on in SA and nationality.? you think cic consider foreigner in SA for study permit or visit Visa. and what was their reason for the visit visa refuse..............am in PTA

hangon11

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
I'm a Zimbabwean on a work permit in Namibia so my VO is Pretoria.

Yes, they consider your immigration status in the country in which you're residing. One of the reasons for my rejection was my immigration status. My work permit had about five months left, though I just wanted to visit for two weeks.

I'm of the opinion that it would be better to apply from your country of citizenship and show strong ties there.

I'll order CAIPS notes first before I apply to get further insight into the rejection.

Where are you headed in Canada?

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can submit at the Vfs in Zim without including your passport..... once they make decision and ready to approve your permit , they will request for your passport....

and that way if you apply from Zim , as pretoria is the office dealing with your application, it wont take long to finalise .

To Manitoba.

hangon11

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Yeh, I'll apply from Zimbabwe, hope I get it this time.

Have applied for fall 2014 and still waiting for the university to respond. So still got a bit of time.
When are you starting your studies?