+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Answer to question of "ever been refused a visa or permit"

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

I got an ITA recently and now have 2 questions while filling up application form.
I had applied for FSW in 2014 paper based and it was refused due to eligibility. Basically I sent my application with 67 points and they did not accepted my work experience for one of the org hence reducing the FSW points to 65 which led to rejection. I got email response as below from CIC:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
You have obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada, the minimum requirement being 67 points.
You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Now what should I answer to the questions below:

Has XXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Has XXXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I had also mentioned my UCI number in my profile under Profile Details>Immigration history and citizenships.

Please suggest guys.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
@kanu

Has XXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
NO

If you have other visa refusals aside from the refused PR application, then you should also answer Yes to this question.

Has XXXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
YES.
Write the details of the refused application like UCI and AOR date.

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@kanu

NO

If you have other visa refusals aside from the refused PR application, then you should also answer Yes to this question.

YES.
Great this looks promising as I has said Yes to both but was confused on why 2 questions asking the same thing. I might have misunderstood.

Thank you.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Great this looks promising as I has said Yes to both but was confused on why 2 questions asking the same thing. I might have misunderstood.

Thank you.
Hi friend,
I too was refuced visa in 2010 as my NOC and duties did not match.

for the below question I put YES in my background declarion. But what should I put for my wife's background declartion as she was not the principle applicant ? What did you do in your case ?

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi friend,
I too was refuced visa in 2010 as my NOC and duties did not match.

for the below question I put YES in my background declarion. But what should I put for my wife's background declartion as she was not the principle applicant ? What did you do in your case ?

I replicated the same as per my answers as she was also the part of application when it was refused.

fragrancesoul

Dec 1, 2018
Hi everyone.
i have a similar query regarding two statutory questions.

Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

i was refused Canadian visitor visa, 2 years back. so should i say yes to both questions? and should i list all the things due to which my visa was rejected as listed in the rejection letter? anyone with a similar situation please explain it.

loonymango

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Cairo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23/1/2019
@kanu

NO

YES.

Hi need your advice
I was refused a b2 tourist visa
How should I answer the above 2 questions? Yes for both?

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Cv, military exemption card
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No
Hello Guys,

I got an ITA recently and now have 2 questions while filling up application form.
I had applied for FSW in 2014 paper based and it was refused due to eligibility. Basically I sent my application with 67 points and they did not accepted my work experience for one of the org hence reducing the FSW points to 65 which led to rejection. I got email response as below from CIC:

Now what should I answer to the questions below:

I had also mentioned my UCI number in my profile under Profile Details>Immigration history and citizenships.

Please suggest guys.
Who had refused your application? Fedeeal or the province?

tets

Oct 25, 2019
Hello everyone.

I really need your help as i am having confusions.

I just recently submitted my wp application to ircc (paperbased).

with the IMM1259 form, background section, there is a question "have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country"

i answered NO.
however, last 2017 i applied for Visitor Visa in US embassy here in uae and they gave me a white paper mentioning that I am not eligible to apply.

will it affect my application because my answer was NO? because what i understood, If i already in the border and didnt allow me ti proceed, thats why i answered NO to the question.

do i need to answer YES? can i still change it through webform?

please i really need your support
thank you in advance

Feb 4, 2017
guys even i am also confused my application was made ineligible by sinp due to issue in funds n noc miss match, after that i have got noi from alberta and finally got ppr also ... knw my concern is that at time of landing if the ask about any previous refusals wht should be my answer