Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Well in 6 days it will be 2 months that i have been waiting for word on the decision
made on my husbands permanent residence appeal hearing. I have been in contact
with my MP. And after waiting three weeks for anything concrete I finally got this
e-mail from them today. Of course it means more waiting, and my husband was less
than thrilled when I read him the letter, but I at least feel heard.

Good morning Tina,

Late on Friday afternoon the IRB left a voicemail on my phone to inform me that your appeal is still awaiting its reference with one of the tribunal members. They will make a note that this office has enquired and inform me as soon as there is any new development.

I regret that this process is taking so long, but it is a symptom of a systemic case load that the IRB has to handle.

Sincerely,

Alistair MacGregor │Constituency Assistant
Jean Crowder, MP Nanaimo-Cowichan

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Well what does any of this mean? Will inform me of any new developments? Does this mean it's
all come to a halt for now? I've tried to contact the office there, but I can't find out anything.
And now the MP is asking me to wait too. Does anybody see something that I don't? What can
possibly be holding this all up? Why are there tribunal members involved when it was just 3
people in the room when I had my appeal hearing (minus the translator). Who else is deciding
my case. There already was a judge. Is this really as crazy as I think it is?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow this sounds intense..... good luck to you my friend I hope everything works out. I am sending positive energy your way and lots of love to you and your spouse and the situation you are in. I would be heartbroken in your situation. I truely hope everything works out for you too. You deserve to have your spouse living with you. Stay positive and think good thoughts, where there is a will there is a way.

I dont know if I am imposing or not and if I am im sorry but I just wanted to ask what the reason for your spouses rejection was, you dont have to answer I know its a very personal question, im just trying to learn as much about it as possible.

if you need any support from another person going through this process dont hesitate to send me an email

Good luck to you and I have a feeling that in the end everything will work out.

peace

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The tribunal member is the judge. The IRB makes it sound like there are 3 tribunal members hearing the cases, and once in a while I think there is more than one. I think here they just meant the judge hasn't finished writing up your case. They have to decide, then marshal all their reasons for the decision and write up the decision carefully, because if they make a mistake in the reasons they give for the decision, you can take it to the Federal Court for a judicial review.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Thank you wolanila. My husbands PR status was refused the first time because they did not believe
we had a genuine marriage. My husband also does not speak any english. I have spent the better
part of our whole relationship learning the turkish language. We met on facebook, because of him
commenting on my sisters artwork (my sister is an amazing painter). Anyways we talked for a year off
and on, not really sure for how long, and we continued to work in our own countries and speak when
we had time. It wasn't until about August of 2009 that we decided we loved each other and wanted
to meet and get married. We already knew almost everything about each other, our families and our
differing cultures via e-mails, MSN and webcam. He asked me to marry him and I said yes. I flew to
Istanbul, I took 3 weeks off work, and we had our civic ceremony there during which time I got to
know his family better, ran around Turkey getting all the legalities taken care of, touring the city and
meeting his extended family too. Originally we had decided to do it alone, but his Mom loved me after
we got to know each other, and she helped make it a beautiful time. The henna ceremony was
performed the night before of our wedding day, and I had a beautiful traditional wedding gown on
the day of our wedding day with all of his family and extended family there.
After spending our last week together as a married couple, I flew back to Canada near the end of
November 2009 and started the sponsorship application in January of 2010. It was difficult due to
my husbands language. he sent it to me as best he could. I read it over and corrected or filled out
what he did not understand. I then sent it back to him to go over it with his english speaking cousin
and then he mailed it back to me. It took so long but we finally got it finish by February.
It was approved for sponsorship and sent to the Ankara office for the PR part of it. My husband was
then assigned a date for his interview, in June. It all happened so fast, and my husband was working
all the time, like I was, but he made it to his interview, he was given a Turkish speaking person who
questioned him about our relationship. I can honestly say and so could he, that he wasn't prepared
or ready for their line of questioning. We did not go over important dates like my birthday and the
full names of family members (like my son), where I live on Vancouver Island, we also did not
establish how we communicated via facebook, e-mails, MSN, etc. Though we did send a lot of
photos it was determined by the Immigration officer that my husband married me for the sole reason
of getting a Visa to Canada. So after we found this out in August, I appealed the refusal and then
flew to Istanbul to be with my husband until my appeal hearing in April.