+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

another question!!! thanks

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Hello to all!
Just a quick question regarding the IMM 5490 form, question 24 and 25 ask about “visiting” during our relationship, we have been living together for 3 years and I am just wondering if I should tick the No box and explain, or should I tick the yes box and give details in the space provided. We both teach at the same school so our holiday times are the same, even when we are on holidays it is together in Canada or Asia, I don’t think this falls under the “visit” category though!
Any input would be greatly appreciated
Thanks again!
FC

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi FC

I'm in the same boat - I'll be ticking "No" and then explaining that as we have lived together there has not be a situation where visiting was necessary.

How's that?

T

TaaDow

If you're applying as common-law, then simply filling in this line with "NA" or "Does Not Apply" should suffice. The officers processing the case can understand that you would not be visiting eachother if you are residing together as necessary to obtain Common-Law status.

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Thanks TaaDow. It's not that I think the officers couldn't work it out, just trying to make it as easy as possible for them.

Not sure if you can answer this question for me please?

I'll be doing an outside application (via Sydney, Australia) and we're in Quebec. Does CIC Miss send something to Quebec at the same time as they forward the rest of my file to Sydney or do they wait to have the OK from Quebec to forward it all to Sydney together? I'm just trying to get a more accurate idea of the timeline.

T

TaaDow

While I don't work on Quebec Cases myself, the way it works is that we render our decision and forward that to both Quebec AND the Visa Office. From there each office works on the case based on when it arrived in queue.

The Visa Office must wait for Quebec to render it's decision prior to issuing a visa.

It should be noted that even if CPC-Miss and the Visa Office overseas both approve the application, Quebec can still deny a case based on its findings.