+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

another question Please

cwolf241

Jul 31, 2007
My soon to be wife and I decided to do the out of country sponsorship since I have had some good advise on here. I was wondering if while I am up in Canada this Dec. for the wedding can I have a medical exam done there or do I need to come back to the US to have it done? Otherwise I have all the docs that it seems I need. Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cwolf241 said:
My soon to be wife and I decided to do the out of country sponsorship since I have had some good advise on here. I was wondering if while I am up in Canada this Dec. for the wedding can I have a medical exam done there or do I need to come back to the US to have it done? Otherwise I have all the docs that it seems I need. Thanks
You can have the medical at any DMP in the world that you wish, but with one proviso, that if the medical is furthered, you are supposed to return to that DMP for follow-up tests.

PMM

cwolf241

Jul 31, 2007
Me and my confused mind. lol Is it ok to apply for out of country PR while I am in Canada? Or do I need to leave to do it? Keep having these questions that come to mind. Thanks

T

TaaDow

You can be in Canada while applying for PR status abroad.

The key being that the Visa Office processing your file may request an Interview. That interview will be expected to be done at the visa office in question so you must be able to return to your country of origin at the time of this request.

Many people apply while in Canada on temp. visas knowing they will return to their country of origin before an interview would be likely.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
im filing outland sousal as well and we(kids and i) had ours done in canada, way cheaper doing it there.