+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Another Hearing Date & Claim Withdrawal

nirjhoroliver

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
I had hearing on the date 28/03/2023, last 5 months I worked very very hard to get all the evidences to collect from back to my home country. I had minister intervene because of his doubt that I may have entitled or eligibility to get a citizenship (only based on a bullshit online news), I got confirmation from ministry that I don't have, I submitted all the documents 30 days before ( few even 180 days) but my lawyer submitted to the immigration just previous day of hearing. Even I remind him through my solicitor since 30 days. So my hearing date postponed after 1.5 hours. Next date was given 4 months later ( JUNE 27, 2023). Its very very frustrating. I've been waiting since 2021 for this, now I cannot wait another 4 months for my bad-luck or bad-works of my lawyer,
Now I want to withdraw my claim cause my son is suffering PTSD back to my home country, It's priority to bring my son and my visit to another country. I need to be there ASAP. Please suggest, what I can do now? what will be the consequences? and is it different to withdraw and rejection ? (I have very strong evidences though). Anyway Thank you all. I am in bad luck from long. not new for me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I had hearing on the date 28/03/2023, last 5 months I worked very very hard to get all the evidences to collect from back to my home country. I had minister intervene because of his doubt that I may have entitled or eligibility to get a citizenship (only based on a bullshit online news), I got confirmation from ministry that I don't have, I submitted all the documents 30 days before ( few even 180 days) but my lawyer submitted to the immigration just previous day of hearing. Even I remind him through my solicitor since 30 days. So my hearing date postponed after 1.5 hours. Next date was given 4 months later ( JUNE 27, 2023). Its very very frustrating. I've been waiting since 2021 for this, now I cannot wait another 4 months for my bad-luck or bad-works of my lawyer,
Now I want to withdraw my claim cause my son is suffering PTSD back to my home country, It's priority to bring my son and my visit to another country. I need to be there ASAP. Please suggest, what I can do now? what will be the consequences? and is it different to withdraw and rejection ? (I have very strong evidences though). Anyway Thank you all. I am in bad luck from long. not new for me.
If you withdraw, that triggers a removal order. You would need to then make plans to leave Canada. Your passport will be returned to you at the airport as you are leaving Canada.

I guess the main consequences is that it will be extremely difficult to return to Canada under any sort of temporary status (e.g. TRV, study permit, work permit).

Reactions: nirjhoroliver

neverstop

Star Member
Mar 9, 2022
Look you came so far this for better future for your family, I also have to wait for 6 month for my second hearing. I know it is frustrating but believe me it is rewarding. Think positive and believe in your case. Your cause is greater then your suffering. And it will pay you off. Till then earn money here and provide best medical treatment to your family. In the end remind yourself daily why you started all this. For whom & for what? You will definitely will get your positive decision just hold your grounds tightly.

nirjhoroliver

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
Look you came so far this for better future for your family, I also have to wait for 6 month for my second hearing. I know it is frustrating but believe me it is rewarding. Think positive and believe in your case. Your cause is greater then your suffering. And it will pay you off. Till then earn money here and provide best medical treatment to your family. In the end remind yourself daily why you started all this. For whom & for what? You will definitely will get your positive decision just hold your grounds tightly.
The worst part is sir I'm alone in Canada and my little kid and wife suffering a lot at my home country because we are not together.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The worst part is sir I'm alone in Canada and my little kid and wife suffering a lot at my home country because we are not together.
This is a very common. Scenario. With the large influx of asylum claimants the wait times will likely increase. Many are under the false impression that asylum claims are processed fast and that they will be able to have family members join them within a short amount of time. Most have to wait until they have been approved as protected people and received PR which often means 3-4 years of separation minimum.