+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
Thanks for providing the update on your application @athinavidi. If I am not mistaken, you are a February 2020 applicant, right? It is so long time. Have you tried contacting your local MP? Or have you ordered GSMS notes? Almost 19 months, why does it take so long?
Hey thanks for the reply yes our MP has contacted Ankara every month since February but it’s the same reply every time that the file is in process and there is no problem, but I’m a Québec applicant and it’s files generally take a little longer than the federal cases.

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Hey thanks for the reply yes our MP has contacted Ankara every month since February but it’s the same reply every time that the file is in process and there is no problem, but I’m a Québec applicant and it’s files generally take a little longer than the federal cases.
my husband as well is Feb. 2020. What stage are you on now? İts been like19 months already

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
my husband as well is Feb. 2020. What stage are you on now? İts been like19 months already
I’ve got my pre arrival letter on march31 and done my medical on april 15( i am a Québec applicant so the medical is one of the last stages) and since then it is in the criminality check process until today that they have replied my email and said the file is in queue for secondary review and i don’t know what that really means

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
I’ve got my pre arrival letter on march31 and done my medical on april 15( i am a Québec applicant so the medical is one of the last stages) and since then it is in the criminality check process until today that they have replied my email and said the file is in queue for secondary review and i don’t know what that really means
ı’m a QC resident as well. Passed my medicals on august 16. Did you pass your medicals yet? Or are you waiting for the results? How do you know its at the criminality checks? Hmm interesting.

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
ı’m a QC resident as well. Passed my medicals on august 16. Did you pass your medicals yet? Or are you waiting for the results? How do you know its at the criminality checks? Hmm interesting.
İ passed my medical on April 15, our mp has inquired about our file and they have sent him a detailed email that says everything else is done and criminality check is still in process , although this was about 3 weeks ago and our latest update is that the file is in the queue for secondary review which i don’t know what it means

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
İ passed my medical on April 15, our mp has inquired about our file and they have sent him a detailed email that says everything else is done and criminality check is still in process , although this was about 3 weeks ago and our latest update is that the file is in the queue for secondary review which i don’t know what it means
Hello. I received that email as replied my email from Ankara vo 2 months ago and I don’t know what it means either. Last month I emailed once and they replied:
Please be advised that your file will be processed as quickly as possible and you will be advised if there are any outstanding documents/issues. Once all the statutory requirements have been met a passport request letter will be sent to you.
Please bear in mind that our processing times have altered considerably due to the current pandemic situation.

Reactions: John david

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
Hello. I received that email as replied my email from Ankara vo 2 months ago and I don’t know what it means either. Last month I emailed once and they replied:
Please be advised that your file will be processed as quickly as possible and you will be advised if there are any outstanding documents/issues. Once all the statutory requirements have been met a passport request letter will be sent to you.
Please bear in mind that our processing times have altered considerably due to the current pandemic situation.
I think it’s another way of telling people to wait indefinitely!

Reactions: scarfacegf

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
I sent email last week to Ankara vo and they replied as they did before;

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Has anyone received any updates since August from Ankara VO? Please note medical exam and prior stages are probably processed by other departments. I haven't heard of anybody who received a pre-arrival letter or decision made for over a month already.

John david

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Hmm, I see. IRCC really does not handle the cases fairly. You have already had a timeline of 12 months, and the Ankara VO has to ask for the PPR. I do not know why they separate families from each other so easily. COVID-19 has been a good excuse for IRCC. What is not understandable is that other VOs send PPRs regularly for November/December 2020 applicants but the Ankara VO is still producing excuses.
Try to contact your MP, and require him/her to get concrete information on your application; I have seen that some MPs are really helpful and provide detailed information to their applicants, and in most cases speed up the processing of the application.
What do u mean by MP please?

hooman94

Nov 18, 2020
Hello everyone, I am an Outland Nov 2020 applicant. I did my bio and medical test on Feb 9 and have heard nothing after that. There are only 3 lines on my online service page (ecas)(the date of application received, the date for issuing medical letter, and the medical results have been received). But, there is not any line stating the date of staring my application process in Ankara VO. Therefore, it means that they have not started to process my application?
Anyone else has this situation?

John david

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Hello everyone, I am an Outland Nov 2020 applicant. I did my bio and medical test on Feb 9 and have heard nothing after that. There are only 3 lines on my online service page (ecas)(the date of application received, the date for issuing medical letter, and the medical results have been received). But, there is not any line stating the date of staring my application process in Ankara VO. Therefore, it means that they have not started to process my application?
I am the same as u, pnp paperbased outland submitted March 2020.
Transfered to amman on June 2021, then to Ankara. I heard nothing from them.
My ecas is the same as urs.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Not necessarily, your ECAS might be lacking an update. I know a person who applied in July, 2020 with 3 lines in ECAS as your, but already received a pre arrival letter 2 months ago. It means eligibility review was completed. Our application received in August 2020 has 4 lines in ECAS, but no updates since April and no pre-arrival letter. They also told me last month that background check and eligibility processing hasn't even started yet.

hooman94

Nov 18, 2020
I am the same as u, pnp paperbased outland submitted March 2020.
Transfered to amman on June 2021, then to Ankara. I heard nothing from them.
My ecas is the same as urs.
Did you receive any email and update on GCkey about transferring your application to amman and then ankara?