+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. What was the last update you received and when? Have you been provided any reason why your file hasn't been finalized yet?
I’m a Québec applicant and my timeline is a little bit diffrent i got my pre arrival letter at march 30 and my medical was passed at april 15, since then no news!
My file doesn’t have any complications and they have not asked any additional documents, so i really don’t know why this is taking too long!

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Hello friends, has anybody received an update on their Spousal Sponsorship application this month? Are there any PPR, DM, or Pre-arrival services updates from the Ankara VO? I am wondering if the Ankara VO finalizes the applications within 12 months? If possible, could you share any updates you have or have heard recently, please? Thank you so much for your time.

Reactions: John david

Nirema

Jul 7, 2021
Turkey
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara VO
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Med's Request
05-05-2021
Med's Done....
10-05-2021
Hello friends, has anybody received an update on their Spousal Sponsorship application this month? Are there any PPR, DM, or Pre-arrival services updates from the Ankara VO? I am wondering if the Ankara VO finalizes the applications within 12 months? If possible, could you share any updates you have or have heard recently, please? Thank you so much for your time.
Hi, not mine but someone on WhatsApp group said that they got pre-arrival last week. That is the most recent update that I heard.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Our application already passed 12 months and there have been no updates since February. I tried to reach them out by email, web forms and MP office, but only was provided information that is already listed in our online profile. There are a few other members in this group who have been waiting for more than 17 months already. Not sure why there are so long delays as other Visa Offices seem to finilize applications much faster from what I read on this web site and ppl post on Facebook groups. When did you apply?

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I applied in November 2020, three months after yours @dominic420. As the latest update, passed the medical exam on April 29, 2021 (biometrics was also matched from the previous TRV). Since that time no updates. Have you ordered GSMS notes @dominic420? What is the status of the eligibility, criminality, and security checks in your case? Have you received the pre-arrival services letter? In my case, none of those three checks has been initiated yet.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
I applied in November 2020, three months after yours @dominic420. As the latest update, passed the medical exam on April 29, 2021 (biometrics was also matched from the previous TRV). Since that time no updates. Have you ordered GSMS notes @dominic420? What is the status of the eligibility, criminality, and security checks in your case? Have you received the pre-arrival services letter? In my case, none of those three checks has been initiated yet.
Yes, I ordered notes in July and they listed the status of stages you asked about as "not started". Medical was passed in February and no news since then. We haven't received pre-arrival letter yet and it has been already more than 12 months since we applied.

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Yes, I ordered notes in July and they listed the status of stages you asked about as "not started". Medical was passed in February and no news since then. We haven't received pre-arrival letter yet and it has been already more than 12 months since we applied.
Hmm, I see. IRCC really does not handle the cases fairly. You have already had a timeline of 12 months, and the Ankara VO has to ask for the PPR. I do not know why they separate families from each other so easily. COVID-19 has been a good excuse for IRCC. What is not understandable is that other VOs send PPRs regularly for November/December 2020 applicants but the Ankara VO is still producing excuses.
Try to contact your MP, and require him/her to get concrete information on your application; I have seen that some MPs are really helpful and provide detailed information to their applicants, and in most cases speed up the processing of the application.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Hmm, I see. IRCC really does not handle the cases fairly. You have already had a timeline of 12 months, and the Ankara VO has to ask for the PPR. I do not know why they separate families from each other so easily. COVID-19 has been a good excuse for IRCC. What is not understandable is that other VOs send PPRs regularly for November/December 2020 applicants but the Ankara VO is still producing excuses.
Try to contact your MP, and require him/her to get concrete information on your application; I have seen that some MPs are really helpful and provide detailed information to their applicants, and in most cases speed up the processing of the application.
I tried to contact the MP a few weeks earlier after receiving GCMS notes. I asked them specific questions about my applications trying to confirm why background checks haven't started yet. They couldn't provide a reply on these questions and just confirmed information I could already see on my profile. To be honest I don't know what else I can do at this point. I also noticed in-land applications are processed faster for some reason.

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
Hey guys they answered my email today in goes like this:
Greetings,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Migration Section
Does anyone know what does this mean and how long more this will take?

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Thanks for providing the update on your application @athinavidi. If I am not mistaken, you are a February 2020 applicant, right? It is so long time. Have you tried contacting your local MP? Or have you ordered GSMS notes? Almost 19 months, why does it take so long?