+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
Yes , The ircc received my application on October 2019, and I passed my medical and received pre arrival on November 2020. After that I don’t have any updates until now. I contacted with mp and she told me it’s in background check and security check.
I am also August 2019 applicant and I received pre arrival on February 2021 and sponsor approval. I got secondary email reply from Ircc as well couple months ago. Our timeline is going same so far.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Hello

I sent email to Ankara vo and they replied

Greetings,
Please be advised that your file will be processed as quickly as possible and you will be advised if there are any outstanding documents/issues. Once all the statutory requirements have been met a passport request letter will be sent to you.
Please bear in mind that our processing times have altered considerably due to the current pandemic situation.
I also received the same reply from them. It seems to be a standard template even though there were specific questions I asked in the email. By the way has anyone been able to login to gckey profile recently? I tried clearing cookies and I either get an error page saying services are not available at this time or get redirected to a language selection page. If you guys had any success logging in recently can you please share which browser you used or steps you follow? I tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge with no luck.

Taro.rosemont

Aug 12, 2021
I am also August 2019 applicant and I received pre arrival on February 2021 and sponsor approval. I got secondary email reply from Ircc as well couple months ago. Our timeline is going same so far.
Yeah, It is. Did you order GCMS notes?
And Do you know what is the reason of this delays?

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
I also received the same reply from them. It seems to be a standard template even though there were specific questions I asked in the email. By the way has anyone been able to login to gckey profile recently? I tried clearing cookies and I either get an error page saying services are not available at this time or get redirected to a language selection page. If you guys had any success logging in recently can you please share which browser you used or steps you follow? I tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge with no luck.
I was able to login just today there was no problem.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
No ,I just ordered GCMS notes yesterday .
When I received GCMS notes I couldn't find any significant updates in there that were different from what is already included in our online profile. Those notes just provided more information on every step of the process that has been already completed and listed on the profile.

Iman-ir

Aug 11, 2021
When I received GCMS notes I couldn't find any significant updates in there that were different from what is already included in our online profile. Those notes just provided more information on every step of the process that has been already completed and listed on the profile.
When did you receive GCMS notes? Is it recent? Ordering GCMS in early stages does not show anything.

Iman-ir

Aug 11, 2021
I ordered notes in July. Recently received a reply and it has been a year since we applied.
It is so sad. It means they still did not start working on our applications. I also ordered GCMS on July. I will let you know if there is any progress. I am September applicant.

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I am a November 2020 applicant with the following details:
  • November 13, 2020: Application received by the CPC (Sydney, Nova Scotia)
  • April 22, 2021: Received the AOR 1
  • April 22, 2021: Sponsorship approved
  • April 23, 2021: Medical request letter received (The letter said that the application was forwarded to the VO in Ankara; linked application to the CIC account)
  • Info Sharing: Complete (according to the GSMS notes)
  • April 27, 2021: Medical exam completed (also AOR 2 in e-CAS, (i.e., the second line showing that processing has started))
  • April 29, 2021: Medical exam passed
Ordered GSMS noted on May 25, 2021, and received them on June 25, 2021. Similar to what @dominic420 said, it just shows the steps and status of the different checks regarding the application and does not provide any more details than the existing ones in our CIC account. In my case, review of eligibility, security check, and criminality checks are the remaining steps and have not been initiated so far. Ankara office does not work well, unfortunately, but others. I have seen that people applying in different visa offices in November, December 2020 have already received their PPR.

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
My wife just contacted mp and he was like: Everything seems okay however application is waiting for last review. You can get any update any time but worst scenario is for getting update before your medical exam expire which is around December.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
I am a November 2020 applicant with the following details:
  • November 13, 2020: Application received by the CPC (Sydney, Nova Scotia)
  • April 22, 2021: Received the AOR 1
  • April 22, 2021: Sponsorship approved
  • April 23, 2021: Medical request letter received (The letter said that the application was forwarded to the VO in Ankara; linked application to the CIC account)
  • Info Sharing: Complete (according to the GSMS notes)
  • April 27, 2021: Medical exam completed (also AOR 2 in e-CAS, (i.e., the second line showing that processing has started))
  • April 29, 2021: Medical exam passed
Ordered GSMS noted on May 25, 2021, and received them on June 25, 2021. Similar to what @dominic420 said, it just shows the steps and status of the different checks regarding the application and does not provide any more details than the existing ones in our CIC account. In my case, review of eligibility, security check, and criminality checks are the remaining steps and have not been initiated so far. Ankara office does not work well, unfortunately, but others. I have seen that people applying in different visa offices in November, December 2020 have already received their PPR.
Our application is August 2020 and we have the same steps outstanding as your application. Our medical exam was completed in February and background check, eligibility etc steps haven't even started yet.

nzabihpour

Star Member
Jul 25, 2021
Our application is August 2020 and we have the same steps outstanding as your application. Our medical exam was completed in February and background check, eligibility etc steps haven't even started yet.
I am very curious why your background check and and eligibility haven’t even started but my application which was submitted in March are showing those steps in progress. It might be very possible they just haven’t updated it on your profile even though it’s being processed