+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Its been such a slow and draining few months. Seems like theres very little progress with anyone on here. Was really hoping we would hear back this month, but nothing. Getting very tired and hopeless, anyone have any good news/updates?

• Sad
Reactions: Dreamer_2019

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Its been such a slow and draining few months. Seems like theres very little progress with anyone on here. Was really hoping we would hear back this month, but nothing. Getting very tired and hopeless, anyone have any good news/updates?
Agreed, I also just received a standard reply (your application is in process, we have delays due to covid etc) to my web form request with no additional details even though we applied almost a year ago in August.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Outland Spousal Sponsorship:
  • November 13, 2020: Application was received by the CPC (Sydney, Nova Scotia)
  • April 22, 2021 - Received the AOR 1
  • April 22, 2021 - Sponsorship approved
  • April 23, 2021 - Medical request letter received (the letter also said that the application will be forwarded to the Visa Office in Ankara, Turkey)
  • April 27, 2021 - Medical exam completed
  • April 29, 2021 - Medical exam passed
Since that time, no updates. The latest update in ECAS is "Medical results have been received" and in the CIC system is "April 29, 2021 Latest update: You passed the medical exam." I am wondering how long it approximately takes to get PreArrival/ Decision Made after the medical is done?
Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately no one knows how much longer it takes to get an update after passing a Medical exam. We have been waiting since February with no updates yet.

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Agreed, I also just received a standard reply (your application is in process, we have delays due to covid etc) to my web form request with no additional details even though we applied almost a year ago in August.
Yes, that is so sad, I do not know why the Ankara office is working so slowly. I see that people from the New Delhi, Manila, Beijing offices get their application approved within 7-11 months. But why it takes so long in the Ankara office is really upsetting.
What is your applicationtimeline dominic420? Would you mind sharing it, please?

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Yeah they dont give any information thats the problem. I am a feb 2020 applicant so its been 16 months now. :(

Michael85

May 25, 2021
Has anyone received any updates from Ankara visa office? If yes, please share when you applied. The last time I heard from them was early February... I have seen ppl in other forums who applied in September, 2020 from India etc and already arrived to Canada.
Hi
I applied on July 2019 and recently on 3th of March 2021 finally received pre-arrival letter. Three weeks ago we send Ankara VO a WEB Form regarding clarification and timeline but still no reply. Today I called my lawyer and he said yesterday they received PPR from Ankara for one spouse who applied many years ago.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Yes, that is so sad, I do not know why the Ankara office is working so slowly. I see that people from the New Delhi, Manila, Beijing offices get their application approved within 7-11 months. But why it takes so long in the Ankara office is really upsetting.
What is your applicationtimeline dominic420? Would you mind sharing it, please?
Applied in August 2020, received medical invitation letter during the first week of February together with AOR1, passed medical a couple days after and no updates since then. I called cic, they said the application is already in Ankara and they can't provide further details. I sent a web form and got a standard reply saying application is delayed due to covid. It is so sad as I see ppl applying in 2021 and receiving AOR, medical request, SA within 2 months, when we waited 6 months for that with no updates afterwards.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do you know where we can complain in case MPs give such a response?
You are not speaking with the MP but people within the office; speak to someone else within the office.

Now, keep in mind, I don't know what you asked or what exactly was said. While I did mean that you can complain, you should be careful to ask nicely because there may have been a misunderstanding. (Complain if you think the person really is giving wrong information to you)

The MP's office can't "do" anything like demand it be completed; the MP's office inquires about the case, and what the status is, and if there is something that does not make sense, sometimes the inquiry might dislodge the problem from whatever the issue is (if indeed there is one). Note when I say a problem, I mean on IRCC's end - if there really is a problem with your file like not being eligible, they can't fix that. But the primary purpose of most queries to an MP's office is to get information.

This is regardless of whether the file is being handled inside or outside Canada.

You should also order your gcms notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreamer_2019

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
You are not speaking with the MP but people within the office; speak to someone else within the office.

Now, keep in mind, I don't know what you asked or what exactly was said. While I did mean that you can complain, you should be careful to ask nicely because there may have been a misunderstanding. (Complain if you think the person really is giving wrong information to you)

The MP's office can't "do" anything like demand it be completed; the MP's office inquires about the case, and what the status is, and if there is something that does not make sense, sometimes the inquiry might dislodge the problem from whatever the issue is (if indeed there is one). Note when I say a problem, I mean on IRCC's end - if there really is a problem with your file like not being eligible, they can't fix that. But the primary purpose of most queries to an MP's office is to get information.

This is regardless of whether the file is being handled inside or outside Canada.

You should also order your gcms notes.
I think the major complain many of us here have is why our applications are moving so slowly when many others get them processed within regular 12 month period.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think the major complain many of us here have is why our applications are moving so slowly when many others get them processed within regular 12 month period.
The above was in reference to an mps office giving a nonsensical response.

Feel free to complain generally, if you think it will help.

Damselmk

Mar 20, 2020
Hi everybody... I submitted a sponsorship application for my wife 3 weeks ago, she lives in Iran. Hopefully it will be accepted then I guess it will be sent to Ankara VO. We have a newborn baby and I expect that this may be quite a long process before they can be here with me. Can anybody tell me what to expect regarding a timeline? Thanks a lot...