+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Why does it matter to you? They love the files for whatever internal reasons, including load management between offices.
What do you mean why does it matter to me? İt’s my file of course it matters to me. My file is supposed to be processed in Ankara not paris.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What do you mean why does it matter to me? İt’s my file of course it matters to me. My file is supposed to be processed in Ankara not paris.
Why do you think it going to Paris is worse? (Was my point)

I don't think IRCC makes any representations or guarantees about 'where' they'll process it.

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Why do you think it going to Paris is worse? (Was my point)

I don't think IRCC makes any representations or guarantees about 'where' they'll process it.
Wouldn’t it take longer to process it outside? It only makes sense to process it in turkey as we are both turkish citizens and my husband actually lives in ankara. I don’t understand ircc homestly . And I also send them the CSQ (quebec selection cerficate). İf i send the caq to ankara and if my file is in paris, then where are my csq papers? thank you for your reply

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Wouldn’t it take longer to process it outside? It only makes sense to process it in turkey as we are both turkish citizens and my husband actually lives in ankara. I don’t understand ircc homestly . And I also send them the CSQ (quebec selection cerficate). İf i send the caq to ankara and if my file is in paris, then where are my csq papers? thank you for your reply
Can't say; but some applicants from eg Pakistan had their files moved to Warsaw, and some of them moved relatively quickly (as London was overloaded).

As for your csq file - don't know. They should attach it to the file regardless, esp if submitted through webform.

But order gcms notes.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Are there any applicants here who applied after March, 2020 and received pre arrival letter? People from other visa offices already have decision made status in less than 12 months. So wondering if there has been any progress in Ankara.

Daft punk

Sep 22, 2020
It depends on the program for which you have applied. If it's spousal sponsorship, then no; the documents you've mentioned are enough.
Thank you,

I have the same question because Lufthansa rep is requesting a authorization letter to enter Canada even for sponsorship program and I am not sure what this document is because Canadian web site clearly states: "You do not need a written authorization from us confirming you are exempt from the travel restrictions"

Has anyone been asked similar thing from airline when they are trying to purchase a ticket?
My spouse is traveling from Iran and the stop is in Germany. What other option is best to travel to Canada from Tehran?

Thanks,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you,

I have the same question because Lufthansa rep is requesting a authorization letter to enter Canada even for sponsorship program and I am not sure what this document is because Canadian web site clearly states: "You do not need a written authorization from us confirming you are exempt from the travel restrictions"

Has anyone been asked similar thing from airline when they are trying to purchase a ticket?
My spouse is traveling from Iran and the stop is in Germany. What other option is best to travel to Canada from Tehran?

Thanks,
The Lufthansa rep is wrong, you could request they check with their airline partner Air Canada. If you cannot get them to understand,note that air Canada operates many of the flights from Germany to Canada code shared with Lufthansa.

Reactions: Daft punk

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The Lufthansa rep is wrong, you could request they check with their airline partner Air Canada. If you cannot get them to understand,note that air Canada operates many of the flights from Germany to Canada code shared with Lufthansa.
Here the reference -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#how-citizens-prs

I believe airlijes have access to more precise and detailed info through transport Canada.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Thank you,

Thanks,
Your spouse does not need an authorization letter if her/his documents are not expired.
Qatar Airways and Turkish Airlines are better options because these are more economical, usually faster (journey time less than 35hr), and as opposed to transiting through Europe, your spouse won't be needing a transit visa in order to transit through Doha or Istanbul. (Please check the boarding policy of the aforementioned airlines during COVID-19 before booking your flight)

Daft punk

Sep 22, 2020
Here the reference -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#how-citizens-prs

I believe airlijes have access to more precise and detailed info through transport Canada.
Thank you, That is my reference page too and I also think Lufthansa rep is wrong but few of them have told my spouse you need to enter IRCC number and get a authorization letter which makes no sense!!. I think we are better off to use Qatar or Turkish airlines. Thank you

Daft punk

Sep 22, 2020
Your spouse does not need an authorization letter if her/his documents are not expired.
Qatar Airways and Turkish Airlines are better options because these are more economical, usually faster (journey time less than 35hr), and as opposed to transiting through Europe, your spouse won't be needing a transit visa in order to transit through Doha or Istanbul. (Please check the boarding policy of the aforementioned airlines during COVID-19 before booking your flight)
agreed, I told my spouse to contact Qatar airlines tomorrow and see if they ask for similar document or not. I will put an update in here tomorrow; thank you for your response!

Reactions: Armank90

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Are there any applicants here who applied after March, 2020 and received pre arrival letter? People from other visa offices already have decision made status in less than 12 months. So wondering if there has been any progress in Ankara.
Can someone please reply to this message above?