+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Guys we sent in our application feb 2020, still no biometric, still no medicals... am I the only one? I’m going to go crazy soon. 16 months...
Have you received an AOR? If no, then call to CIC and ask them what is going on as absolutely no updates in 16 months is unheard of.

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Hey guys!! I just got a call from my MP telling me that my file was transfered from Ankara to Shanghai! What in the world?? This was never updated on ecas!! Did this happen to anyone else? She said because theres too many files in Turkey so they sent some to Shanghai!

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Hey guys!! I just got a call from my MP telling me that my file was transfered from Ankara to Shanghai! What in the world?? This was never updated on ecas!! Did this happen to anyone else? She said because theres too many files in Turkey so they sent some to Shanghai!
Good that you received this information. I guess they do the same with some clogged visa offices in India. This is actually good news for all of us as it means the government started to do smth to return to normal processing times. Hope you will get your file finalized soon as I read Shanghai visa office reviews applications pretty fast.

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Good that you received this information. I guess they do the same with some clogged visa offices in India. This is actually good news for all of us as it means the government started to do smth to return to normal processing times. Hope you will get your file finalized soon as I read Shanghai visa office reviews applications pretty fast.
Yeah she said it was transferred January 19 2021, but its strange because on Ecas it says our file started processing January 7. Hows it processing before it was sent to Shanghai? And Im so glad to hear they are faster but its been 5 months now since its there and no updates. And yes she told me that all old applications (2019/2020) need to be done by December 2021.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Yeah she said it was transferred January 19 2021, but its strange because on Ecas it says our file started processing January 7. Hows it processing before it was sent to Shanghai? And Im so glad to hear they are faster but its been 5 months now since its there and no updates. And yes she told me that all old applications (2019/2020) need to be done by December 2021.
We can only speculate on how it started to get processed before being transferred to Shanghai. My guess is they opened your file looked at submission date and decided to send it up there by marking the processing to start from that point. You can try sending out a request via a web form and see if they provide you any additional details. I heard an average turn over is currently around 15-17 months. Based on this you should receive an update hopefully by the end of June.

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
We can only speculate on how it started to get processed before being transferred to Shanghai. My guess is they opened your file looked at submission date and decided to send it up there by marking the processing to start from that point. You can try sending out a request via a web form and see if they provide you any additional details. I heard an average turn over is currently around 15-17 months. Based on this you should receive an update hopefully by the end of June.
Yes that makes sense. Yes my application was was submitted Feb 11, 2020, which means its been 15 months now. However, the MP told me that criminality is in process and security check has not started. Does anyone know long do those take to finish?

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Hey guys,
I had emailed Ankara asking about our file and how it has been 16 months and you know what they reply?! They said the file might be in Paris..... WTF? Why Paris? I'm in Canada and my husband is in Turkey, I don't understand i'm so pissed. Can someone explain this to me

Raminbca

Mar 28, 2021
Hi Guys,

we noticed, our biometric email was in spam( sent last March 2020) and we missed it.
we got the medical email and did the test( Same date March 2020)

Application is in Ankara now
any advice?
should we call or email cic?
or should we email VO?

Raminbca

Mar 28, 2021
Also does anyone if theres Shanghai forum for Iranian Applicants? Maybe I could check there as well
They only check part of your application like eligibility or security and return to Turkey.
I saw in gcsm note. They sent my wife application to Beijin and Beijin office returned to Ankara after two weeks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

we noticed, our biometric email was in spam( sent last March 2020) and we missed it.
we got the medical email and did the test( Same date March 2020)

Application is in Ankara now
any advice?
should we call or email cic?
or should we email VO?
Do the biometrics immediately. Then advise by email or webform with explanation.

Order gcms notes.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys,
I had emailed Ankara asking about our file and how it has been 16 months and you know what they reply?! They said the file might be in Paris..... WTF? Why Paris? I'm in Canada and my husband is in Turkey, I don't understand i'm so pissed. Can someone explain this to me
Why does it matter to you? They love the files for whatever internal reasons, including load management between offices.