+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I’m in the same situation, my passport is in process now. I think no need to pay attention to this as we all know how not inaccurate can be this website. The main important thing is you got your passport request
Which website are you talking about is an accurate the VFS Or IRCC website?

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hey guys, I contacted my MP a few days ago asking to follow up on our application. Unfortunately, her assistant called me yesterday saying he'd had a conversation with Ankara and they rejected our application on that day (interesting coincidence!). He was not able to tell me why they rejected the application, only that the applicant is not eligible, and told me they'd be in touch with the decision/reason and the next steps to appeal, etc. in a couple of weeks. I see today that the status has changed to Decision Made on ECAS, but with no additional information. The CIC dashboard still says our application is in process. It's very interesting because we even received the pre-arrival about a month ago, so not sure what caused this decision.
I wanted to ask if you've ever heard of a spousal sponsorship application being rejected and if so, what was the reason for it? Thank you.

• Sad
Reactions: UmairS

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hey guys, I contacted my MP a few days ago asking to follow up on our application. Unfortunately, her assistant called me yesterday saying he'd had a conversation with Ankara and they rejected our application on that day (interesting coincidence!). He was not able to tell me why they rejected the application, only that the applicant is not eligible, and told me they'd be in touch with the decision/reason and the next steps to appeal, etc. in a couple of weeks. I see today that the status has changed to Decision Made on ECAS, but with no additional information. The CIC dashboard still says our application is in process. It's very interesting because we even received the pre-arrival about a month ago, so not sure what caused this decision.
I wanted to ask if you've ever heard of a spousal sponsorship application being rejected and if so, what was the reason for it? Thank you.
On Canadavisa forums I have seen cases where they had doubt over the genuineness of the relationship - majorly factors such as age difference, religious differences, not knowing each other since considerable time, etc...in some other cases, they did not doubt the relationship, they had concerns that although its genuine, but the marriage is not culturally/religiously consummated

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
On Canadavisa forums I have seen cases where they had doubt over the genuineness of the relationship - majorly factors such as age difference, religious differences, not knowing each other since considerable time, etc...in some other cases, they did not doubt the relationship, they had concerns that although its genuine, but the marriage is not culturally/religiously consummated
I've had them doubt the relationship before but usually with more documentation they will except the application it's strange that you received the pre-arrival letter and then they rejected your application. Had they approved it before and then change the decision or was this the first time you had a decision made.

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Which website are you talking about is an accurate the VFS Or IRCC website?
VAC office for submitting passport. Couple days after I sent my passport VFS sent me email that my passport had been received and by IRCC office in Ankara embassy and it’s under process. I think they should have send you email. You didn’t get any email from VAC office after sending them passport ?

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
We have 14 years of age difference between my husband and me , also he is non Muslim and I am Muslim. Thank God we didn’t have any problems with this as I was worried that we will have some issues

Reactions: UmairS

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
I've had them doubt the relationship before but usually with more documentation they will except the application it's strange that you received the pre-arrival letter and then they rejected your application. Had they approved it before and then change the decision or was this the first time you had a decision made.
No, it was the first time.

Reactions: Mkouchakzadeh

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
It's unfortunate to hear
Did they ask for additional documents any time along the process? If yes do you mind sharing what they asked for
When did you submit your application?
They did, they asked for our status in the US and a letter confirming that my employer knows that I will resign in the near future to move to Canada. We sent all that to them back in September.

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
They did, they asked for our status in the US and a letter confirming that my employer knows that I will resign in the near future to move to Canada. We sent all that to them back in September.
It's weird
I know a couple that appealed and the got accept after that. Hopefully the same happens for you as well

hemen

Mar 25, 2020
hi everyone
i would like to ask if there is any one who has got pre-arrival in december and still waiting for decision made?
thanks

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
VAC office for submitting passport. Couple days after I sent my passport VFS sent me email that my passport had been received and by IRCC office in Ankara embassy and it’s under process. I think they should have send you email. You didn’t get any email from VAC office after sending them passport ?
IRCC website is not so accurate