+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Our application status is updated to "Application/profile updated" on our account webpage (not the ECAS). ECAS still shows "In process".

There are no messages or updates inside the application I could see. Does anybody know what "Application/profile updated" might indicate?
It happened to me two times. The call it ghost update or something like that but I guess it's an error in the system
Not sure though

Reactions: oondun

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Our application status is updated to "Application/profile updated" on our account webpage (not the ECAS). ECAS still shows "In process".

There are no messages or updates inside the application I could see. Does anybody know what "Application/profile updated" might indicate?
Each time an IRCC agent updates your application or adds a note to the Global Case Management System (GCMS), you get an "Application/profile updated" message. Since you can't actually see what the change is regarding, it's called a ghost update. During the process of one's application, one might receive a few of these. I, myself, received a total of 4.

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
It happened to me two times. The call it ghost update or something like that but I guess it's an error in the system
Not sure though
But then luckily you ended up getting actual updates after that, so i believe ghost updates, as Armank90 also said, happens when theres a legit movement to your file
So if you guys see those ghost updates, fingers crossed, could mean a good sign !

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
But then luckily you ended up getting actual updates after that, so i believe ghost updates, as Armank90 also said, happens when theres a legit movement to your file
So if you guys see those ghost updates, fingers crossed, could mean a good sign !
Interesting I didn't know that but it seems legitimate

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Similar case as us - we sent passport via Nilgam on 21st Dec. Received tracking number of 7th Jan - VFS tracking says "received at IRCC office on 6th Jan 2021" No movement after that
Thanks for writing me back. We are hoping for some movement soon. Yours has been under processing for 13 days, our has been since Dec 29th! It is getting REALLY stressful cause it is taking SOOO LONG! I have seen other people's posts from November but didn't hear about any cases in December. Would be nice to hear about some more recent experiences.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hey guys. I’m an federal skilled worker pr applicant who got their passport request today. I plan on submitting from Ankara vfs. Does anyone know how long the PR Visa stamp would take at Ankara VO? As i only have about 3 weeks to be in Ankara.
Not sure if it would take less time doing it from there, but we sent ours from Tehran and it has been 6 weeks and we are still waiting!

Reactions: Treasure59

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Go back in pages in this forum and compare the previous batch who went through the same thing with Nilgam. some got it in 2 weeks and some took a bit longer than a month. Hopefully urs will not take that long
I have been waiting since Dec 12th and has been in process since Dec 29th!

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Mine sat for about 10 days at the embassy. Thereafter, they sent it back to the Ankara VAC. Afterward, the envelope was couriered to the Nilgam's representative, which took 2 days if I remember correctly. Nilgam then brought it back with the earliest flight home. For some others, however, it took longer. So, you might receive yours within the next week.
Armank90 how long did your whole process take? We have been waiting now for 6 weeks and it is still under processing.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
On our online portal it had said Decision Made, then it said in process and now it says Decision made again but in VFS tracking it still says it is in process! Anyone know what this means??

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Thanks for writing me back. We are hoping for some movement soon. Yours has been under processing for 13 days, our has been since Dec 29th! It is getting REALLY stressful cause it is taking SOOO LONG! I have seen other people's posts from November but didn't hear about any cases in December. Would be nice to hear about some more recent experiences.
I emailed Ankara office. They said "our office has received your passport and your visa will be issued shortly"

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Armank90 how long did your whole process take? We have been waiting now for 6 weeks and it is still under processing.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'the whole process'. If you mean from AoR to PPR, then it took 1 year. If you mean from submitting my passport at the VAC till receiving it back, then 20 days.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I'm not sure what you mean by 'the whole process'. If you mean from AoR to PPR, then it took 1 year. If you mean from submitting my passport at the VAC till receiving it back, then 20 days.
I meant the second one! I thought it took 15 months for Ankara to return your passport! I was freaking out :)

I just saw that it said Decision made on my GCKey application but VFS says it is still under processing so not sure what is going on!

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
I meant the second one! I thought it took 15 months for Ankara to return your passport! I was freaking out :)

I just saw that it said Decision made on my GCKey application but VFS says it is still under processing so not sure what is going on!
Can you see the counterfoil details in your GCkey account? If so, then the visa has been issued.