+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Hey your situation is exactly the same as me except we never got the biometrics request. We are also jan 20th 2020 app received then moved to Ankara in March and finally got this status change on Jan 5th 2020. It seems like so many ppl got updates since that day so im hoping they finally came to their senses and started moving things faster this year but will have to wait and see. Do you mind sharing where is PA from in your case?
Yes the application is for my wife in Iran

Reactions: EhsRm

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Same with us ! Do you guys remember if you paid that $85 biometrics fee after you received AOR or before? Cause im trying to understand how come we never got the request for it
To be honest I had an immigration consultant do that for me but i can ask them for you if you like.

oondun

Dec 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I saw a new note on the online tool which has lead to some confusion for me. After the our 1 year processing time had neared, I asked my MP to contact the office in Ankara to see what the status is at. She told me that:

- The application was received on January 20, 2020. It is being processed at the Canadian embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
- The criminality assessment has been completed and passed.
- The medical exam results are on file and valid.
- The applicant eligibility assessment and the security assessment have not been finalized.

Also both biometrics and medical were done in February 2020.

However I just logged into the online tool and see this:
  1. We received xxx's application for permanent residence on January 20, 2020.
  2. We started processing xxx's application on January 5, 2021.
  3. We sent xxx medical instructions on February 13, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
The message about started processing the application on January 5th 2021 is new. Is this a good sign? Or does this mean another year of waiting? I don't know how to feel right now.
Same here, our ECAS also change to that on Jan 5th, 2020. As stated above, some other applications also got updated same as ours. I think they just updated some applications that are closer to be completed.

Reactions: DilanCayan

DilanCayan

Oct 13, 2020
Same here, our ECAS also change to that on Jan 5th, 2020. As stated above, some other applications also got updated same as ours. I think they just updated some applications that are closer to be completed.
  1. We received ....... application for permanent residence on February 21, 2020.
  2. We started processing ....... application on January 4, 2021.
  3. We sent ....... medical instructions on September 18, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
we are on similar time!!!

Reactions: oondun

DilanCayan

Oct 13, 2020
  1. We received ....... application for permanent residence on February 21, 2020.
  3. We sent ....... medical instructions on September 18, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
we are on similar time!!! outlane Turkey

oondun

Dec 7, 2019
we are on similar time!!!
I will keep everyone updated if anything changes on our application!

Reactions: DilanCayan

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hi everyone,

I saw a new note on the online tool which has lead to some confusion for me. After the our 1 year processing time had neared, I asked my MP to contact the office in Ankara to see what the status is at. She told me that:

- The application was received on January 20, 2020. It is being processed at the Canadian embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
- The criminality assessment has been completed and passed.
- The medical exam results are on file and valid.
- The applicant eligibility assessment and the security assessment have not been finalized.

Also both biometrics and medical were done in February 2020.

However I just logged into the online tool and see this:
  1. We received xxx's application for permanent residence on January 20, 2020.
  2. We started processing xxx's application on January 5, 2021.
  3. We sent xxx medical instructions on February 13, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
The message about started processing the application on January 5th 2021 is new. Is this a good sign? Or does this mean another year of waiting? I don't know how to feel right now.
Yes, the 2nd bullet point just means Ankara started processing your application. Your 1-year starts from #1 (Jan 20, 2020).

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Yeah so basically that means we received AOR2 on Jan 4/5th 2021
Btw my timeline bar in gckey linked account is back im not sure what they are doing exactly with that

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Yeah so basically that means we received AOR2 on Jan 4/5th 2021
Btw my timeline bar in gckey linked account is back im not sure what they are doing exactly with that
Yeah same here. Maybe they were not ready to part ways with it just yet :cool:

Daft punk

Sep 22, 2020
Yes, the 2nd bullet point just means Ankara started processing your application. Your 1-year starts from #1 (Jan 20, 2020).
Hi all, my profile got the exact same update on bullet #2 as yours even though our timelines a bit different. (they start processing mine on Nov 2019). I personally think its a needed update in their system in order to still keep our medical submission as valid and not expired. With this update, the 4 entries do not make sense anymore, how can they start processing my application (5 Jan 2021), when I gave them the medical in Dec 2019?
my 2 cents

Last edited:

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi all, my profile got the exact same update on bullet #2 as yours even though our timelines a bit different. (they start processing mine on Nov 2019). I personally think its a needed update in their system in order to still keep our medical submission as valid and not expired. With this update, the 4 entries do not make sense anymore, how can they start processing my application (5 Jan 2021), when I gave them the medical in Dec 2019?
my 2 cents
Not really, This update is AOR2 not AOR1. So basically this part is about the PA not SA anymore. When an application is received AOR1 is sent out then medical and bio request comes quickly then Sponsor approval arrives (not always the same for everyone) but these parts are the easy ones we got done already. The important process begins once the VO picks up the file and updates the status from Application received to In Process. This is where they start checking the relationship proofs, background and security check and make the final decision. Usually this part takes couple of months and if all goes well pre arrival and DM will arrive before PPR.

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi guys! Question to those who sent their passports to VAC and got tracking number. How to check my passport through this tracking number? I tried many times , but it doesn’t show me, or I checked wrong way maybe (( vac website doesn’t show me anything