+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Thank you! Ankara VO got our application on December 10, 2019 actually. But then we all know what happened. Second time they started to processing our application on August 29,2020. We got additional documents request on November, sent them in December 25 and got pre arrival on January 12, 2021, got passport request few days ago.
Thank you very much.

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Congrats vazira !!
Thank you ! We already got passport request also. Sorry to hear about this, strange that you haven’t heard from them yet, as I remember you sent your additional documents earlier than me. Hopefully you will hear good news soon!!! Good luck !!!

Salinasalina

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Thank you ! We already got passport request also. Sorry to hear about this, strange that you haven’t heard from them yet, as I remember you sent your additional documents earlier than me. Hopefully you will hear good news soon!!! Good luck !!!
Yes I had sent the additional documents before you, but I had recieved pre arrival letter first then additional documents after, I dont know.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hello everyone, i know i have posted before about this but i am writing to those who have experience with the visa processing at VAC and IRCC in Ankara. We got our passport request on Dec 7th (after a VERY complicated 2 year process) and we sent our passport on Dec 11th

Dec 21st received tracking number
Dec 29th under processing - still has not changed - So it has been 5 weeks all together!

Does anyone have any ideas how long it will take for them to send it back? My husband is in Iran and he sent the passport through Nilgam I am in Canada and we haven't seen each other for long time. Any information/help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks

fella76

Oct 13, 2020
Congrats Fella76!!
I think you will get the passport request very soon, you know what I got an email from them saying they are not satisfied with my situation, it was Before I got prearrival, then I just emailed them explaining my situation, just A day after my explanations I got ppr,it was dec 03,2020, then emailed them about a week ago asking the update, they said my file is waiting for the second review, I was disappointed, but this Wednesday I got passport request.

I don’t think your situation was worse then mine , you will be smiling very soon

Reactions: Salinasalina

Salinasalina

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
I think you will get the passport request very soon, you know what I got an email from them saying they are not satisfied with my situation, it was Before I got prearrival, then I just emailed them explaining my situation, just A day after my explanations I got ppr,it was dec 03,2020, then emailed them about a week ago asking the update, they said my file is waiting for the second review, I was disappointed, but this Wednesday I got passport request.

I don’t think your situation was worse then mine , you will be smiling very soon
You made my day, thank you!! Maybe I should email them for an update. Did you do webform or did you email ankaraimmigration directly?

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I saw a new note on the online tool which has lead to some confusion for me. After the our 1 year processing time had neared, I asked my MP to contact the office in Ankara to see what the status is at. She told me that:

- The application was received on January 20, 2020. It is being processed at the Canadian embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
- The criminality assessment has been completed and passed.
- The medical exam results are on file and valid.
- The applicant eligibility assessment and the security assessment have not been finalized.

Also both biometrics and medical were done in February 2020.

However I just logged into the online tool and see this:
  1. We received xxx's application for permanent residence on January 20, 2020.
  2. We started processing xxx's application on January 5, 2021.
  3. We sent xxx medical instructions on February 13, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
The message about started processing the application on January 5th 2021 is new. Is this a good sign? Or does this mean another year of waiting? I don't know how to feel right now.

Reactions: EhsRm

Aziiiiiiiin

Jun 7, 2019
Tehran
Hi all,
I realised a new message on my online account saying that Ankara started processing my app on Jan 5 2021. And the timeline disappeared.
My app was received by IRCC on Jan 23 2020.
Do you know how long it takes to get prearrival or PPR after they start processing?
Does anyone have experience?
My documents were complete since July.

Thank you,
Shahrzad
Hi shahrzad
It seems my update is exactly same as yours.
Have you heard any news?!

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

I saw a new note on the online tool which has lead to some confusion for me. After the our 1 year processing time had neared, I asked my MP to contact the office in Ankara to see what the status is at. She told me that:

- The application was received on January 20, 2020. It is being processed at the Canadian embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
- The criminality assessment has been completed and passed.
- The medical exam results are on file and valid.
- The applicant eligibility assessment and the security assessment have not been finalized.

Also both biometrics and medical were done in February 2020.

However I just logged into the online tool and see this:
  1. We received xxx's application for permanent residence on January 20, 2020.
  2. We started processing xxx's application on January 5, 2021.
  3. We sent xxx medical instructions on February 13, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
The message about started processing the application on January 5th 2021 is new. Is this a good sign? Or does this mean another year of waiting? I don't know how to feel right now.
Hey your situation is exactly the same as me except we never got the biometrics request. We are also jan 20th 2020 app received then moved to Ankara in March and finally got this status change on Jan 5th 2020. It seems like so many ppl got updates since that day so im hoping they finally came to their senses and started moving things faster this year but will have to wait and see. Do you mind sharing where is PA from in your case?