+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Our VFS tracking says:
Your application, tracking ID No.####### has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2021/01/06

So it means VFS sent it to Ankara on 6th Jan 2021? When can we expect to get it back? We sent passport through Nilgam on 21st December 2020
Go back in pages in this forum and compare the previous batch who went through the same thing with Nilgam. some got it in 2 weeks and some took a bit longer than a month. Hopefully urs will not take that long

Reactions: UmairS

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Our VFS tracking says:
Your application, tracking ID No.####### has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2021/01/06

So it means VFS sent it to Ankara on 6th Jan 2021? When can we expect to get it back? We sent passport through Nilgam on 21st December 2020
Mine sat for about 10 days at the embassy. Thereafter, they sent it back to the Ankara VAC. Afterward, the envelope was couriered to the Nilgam's representative, which took 2 days if I remember correctly. Nilgam then brought it back with the earliest flight home. For some others, however, it took longer. So, you might receive yours within the next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: UmairS and EhsRm

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Mine sat for about 10 days at the embassy. Thereafter, they sent it back to the Ankara VAC. Afterward, the envelope was couriered to the Nilgam's representative, which took 2 days if remember correctly. Nilgam then brought it back with the earliest flight home. For some others, however, it took longer. So, you might receive yours within the next week.
You sir deserve to move up to Hero Member as i never seen someone come back here once they are done with this painful process lol

NosNos

Aug 17, 2020
Hello guys, I have posted here many times regarding my application. So I have applied to spousal sponsorship application back in May 2019. So after waiting for too long, yesterday finally I got passport request. So I have a question and hope someone will help me. If my application is at Ankara office, which VAC should I give my passport to? The one is Ankara or the one in Istanbul? Which one is faster? Can you please help me? And one last thing, when I take the passport in person, should I book an appointment?
Thank you for your time

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hello guys, I have posted here many times regarding my application. So I have applied to spousal sponsorship application back in May 2019. So after waiting for too long, yesterday finally I got passport request. So I have a question and hope someone will help me. If my application is at Ankara office, which VAC should I give my passport to? The one is Ankara or the one in Istanbul? Which one is faster? Can you please help me? And one last thing, when I take the passport in person, should I book an appointment?
Thank you for your time
Hey,

Either would do. But you cannot walk in as they probably won't allow applicants to attend personally. The requested documents (passports, photos, etc.) should therefore be sent via courier. Send the VAC (VFS) in turkey an email or call them as soon as possible and ask for further instructions; they will tell you what to do next. Please Be certain that it is allowed to walk-in before doing so. Which country have you applied from? or I should rather ask in which country does your spouse currently reside?

Last edited:

NosNos

Aug 17, 2020
Hey,

Either would do. But you cannot walk in as they probably won't allow applicants to attend personally. The requested documents (passports, photos, etc.) should therefore be sent via courier. Send the VAC (VFS) in turkey an email or call them as soon as possible and ask for further instructions; they will tell you what to do next. Please Be certain that it is allowed to walk-in before doing so. Which country have you applied from? or I should rather ask in which country does your spouse currently reside?
Hello, We applied from turkey. My wife in Turkey. On the paper of passport request it actually says bring passport ‘in person’ but I just called the VAC in Ankara and they said I can’t come due to covid and I have to send it through a courier.
Thank you for your response

Reactions: Vazira

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hello, We applied from turkey. My wife in Turkey. On the paper of passport request it actually says bring passport ‘in person’ but I just called the VAC in Ankara and they said I can’t come due to covid and I have to send it through a courier.
Thank you for your response
And need to pay in Garanti Bank? Do you guys sending via PTT?

NosNos

Aug 17, 2020
And need to pay in Garanti Bank? Do you guys sending via PTT?
Exactly. That’s what the instructions say on the email. I have to pay around 190 Turkish Lira. But I’m afraid actually that the courier here will loose my wife passport or something. Am I being paranoid for no reason? Any good courier can you please recommend me? I’m in turkey with my wife

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Exactly. That’s what the instructions say on the email. I have to pay around 190 Turkish Lira. But I’m afraid actually that the courier here will loose my wife passport or something. Am I being paranoid for no reason? Any good courier can you please recommend me? I’m in turkey with my wife
I’m in the same situation, I am in Istanbul now, but probably everyone sends their passports by this way as you can’t walk in to VAC. I wouldn’t like them to lose my passport but there is no other way I think. I’m also thinking about which courier service I can choose for sending passport

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hi all,
I realised a new message on my online account saying that Ankara started processing my app on Jan 5 2021. And the timeline disappeared.
My app was received by IRCC on Jan 23 2020.
Do you know how long it takes to get prearrival or PPR after they start processing?
Does anyone have experience?
My documents were complete since July.

Thank you,
Shahrzad

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Thank you for your time
Congratulations,
Same here , submitted Jun 2019, waiting for passport request.

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Congrats! Can you share how long it took from the time Ankara VO started processing your app till receiving the PPT?
Thank you! Ankara VO got our application on December 10, 2019 actually. But then we all know what happened. Second time they started to processing our application on August 29,2020. We got additional documents request on November, sent them in December 25 and got pre arrival on January 12, 2021, got passport request few days ago.

Reactions: DilanCayan