+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Blue_sky71

Jul 10, 2020
yeah some us even have our passports are at Ankara office for the past two months for issuing a simple COPR/Visa ...
So, your passport has been received in the embassy and it’s in process?, because I sent mine too for my PR and it’s been in process at the embassy since last week. I was wondering if you know how much it’ll usually take for them to issue your visa/COPR?, thanks

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
So, your passport has been received in the embassy and it’s in process?, because I sent mine too for my PR and it’s been in process at the embassy since last week. I was wondering if you know how much it’ll usually take for them to issue your visa/COPR?, thanks
Yup, mine along with a few others were sent Visa NilgramSafar around mid september. I can only speak for myself. It has been under process for about 3 weeks according VFS tracking.

When we sent it, Nilgam said the PR visa's take about 2 to 2.5 months from the day you give Nilgam your passport and based on their timeline, we should get ours back in the next 2-3 weeks. They also said that PR visa's have always taken longer than the TRV. It is a long process, and we hope to hear something in the next few days. It seems like the CGkey gets updated, then VFS tracking. But again, who knows what they do over there. :rolleyes:

Blue_sky71

Jul 10, 2020
Yup, mine along with a few others were sent Visa NilgramSafar around mid september. I can only speak for myself. It has been under process for about 3 weeks according VFS tracking.

When we sent it, Nilgam said the PR visa's take about 2 to 2.5 months from the day you give Nilgam your passport and based on their timeline, we should get ours back in the next 2-3 weeks. They also said that PR visa's have always taken longer than the TRV. It is a long process, and we hope to hear something in the next few days. It seems like the CGkey gets updated, then VFS tracking. But again, who knows what they do over there. :rolleyes:
Thanks for sharing your great information with me. Ok, so I’m basically couple weeks behind you guys then, because I also sent my passport with Nilgam on September, they issued my visitor visa and sent it back to the Anakara VAC and we asked the VAC to send the passport to the embassy again right away for issuing the PR since I got the PPR for the PR at the same time and it's been under processing since October 26th. Hopefully we all get a good news soon, to me they shouldn’t hold your passport so long because you might need it in case if you want to travel somewhere-else. Please keep me posted if you get any new updates and I’ll do the same. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: AliPrn

Khashykhashy

Aug 2, 2020
Thanks for sharing your great information with me. Ok, so I’m basically couple weeks behind you guys then, because I also sent my passport with Nilgam on September, they issued my visitor visa and sent it back to the Anakara VAC and we asked the VAC to send the passport to the embassy again right away for issuing the PR since I got the PPR for the PR at the same time and it's been under processing since October 26th. Hopefully we all get a good news soon, to me they shouldn’t hold your passport so long because you might need it in case if you want to travel somewhere-else. Please keep me posted if you get any new updates and I’ll do the same. Thanks
Ours has been under process since 28th of September but nothing yet!

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
The same.
Submitted on Sep 11,
Passport got under process on Sep 21,
Still waiting, it is almost 7 weeks
Hi FuadGasanov,
Most of guys are waiting since morethan a month for their passports to be returned with a conterfoil in it
Is your application a kind of family sponsorship application?

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Yeah, my decision was made in August and in September I sent my passport
Alright it's similar to my timeline and there is no way except patience. I have sent my passport by september too but I found no updates in relation to my application.
Hope everyone gets their passports soon.

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Alright it's similar to my timeline and there is no way except patience. I have sent my passport by september too but I found no updates in relation to my application.
Hope everyone gets their passports soon.
i agree that waiting is one thing, but consistent Emails to Ankara and IRCC webform will push them to take actions if everyone does it.

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
i agree that waiting is one thing, but consistent Emails to Ankara and IRCC webform will push them to take actions if everyone does it.
I raised a webform on monday and now I'm waiting their response. I recommend everyone in this forum to send them email and make enquiry in regards to their passports.

Reactions: Blue_sky71

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
I tried all the ways possible. Sending couple emails to IRCC, my lawyer contacted them, MP office also sent an inquiry but all came with no luck :(
Yesterday, the federal government put in place more restrictions to international travelers coming to Canada which will be effective on Nov 21st. I think this is the reason they suspended all PR VISAs for the time being.

So starting Nov 21st, providing info on ArriveCan app is mandatory and also a Covid-19 test is required before boarding the flight.

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/11/travellers-to-canada-must-now-use-arrivecan-app-1116254.html#gs.kh6k8l

Reactions: Anthonymarshall