+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
No, this is for my visitor visa probably. Now, I’m really confused and don’t know what to do?. Because, I received my PPR for my permanent residency few weeks after I mailed my passport to the embassy for issuing my visitor visa, but because my passport was in the embassy already and I had to send photos of myself again for my PR, I asked the Ankara VAC to keep my passport after they receive it back from embassy until they receive my photos and send them back to the embassy again for issuing my permanent residency visa and it looks like that they didn’t do that!!!!
check your gckey, you see which application is approved and done, visitor or PR.

Reactions: AliPrn

Blue_sky71

Jul 10, 2020
I checked it before and it was my visitor visa that got approved. So, what you guys think..., should I travel to Canada with my visitor visa and ask them to issue my permanent residency visa there or send my passport back to Ankara embassy again?

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
I checked it before and it was my visitor visa that got approved. So, what you guys think..., should I travel to Canada with my visitor visa and ask them to issue my permanent residency visa there or send my passport back to Ankara embassy again?
My opinion is that to go Canada by your current visa and send it back for issuing the PR visa. I know that issuing the PR visa would take some time (up to 2 or 3 months) so at least you'll be with your family during this time.

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I logged into my CGKey, and I received a ghost Update for my PR " Application Updated" instead of submitted, and there was no actual update in there. I know that sometimes it takes a couple of days to show up if there is any movement. Has anyone else who submitted their passport got that sort of update ?

Reactions: ARZBAB

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I logged into my CGKey, and I received a ghost Update for my PR " Application Updated" instead of submitted, and there was no actual update in there. I know that sometimes it takes a couple of days to show up if there is any movement. Has anyone else who submitted their passport got that sort of update ?
If ghost update means under "current status" changed from "submitted" to "updated", I have never experienced that :) unless after receiving an official e-mail from VO.

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I would first make sure that it does not cause any unnecessary complexity to the procedure. If you can come to Canada and get your PR visa within Canada I do not see a reason to hesitate! Make sure you do not need to send your passport to Ankara even if you are in Canada (well you may not even find this complexity, but it may add extra costs and leaving/re-entering the country for landing etc.).

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
If you are in Canada, you can send your passport to Ottawa to get COPR, they are faster than embassy. Check your PPR email for more details.

Reactions: Sadaf19

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
If you are in Canada, you can send your passport tp Ottawa to get COPR, they are faster than embassy. Check your PPR email for more details.
You cannot ! we planned doing the same but since we are outland and Ankara deals with it, they are the only office who will issue COPR

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
You cannot ! we planned doing the same but since we are outland and Ankara deals with it, they are the only office who will issue COPR
where did you see these? The PPR says otherwise:
"If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa. "

Reactions: AliPrn

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
where did you see these? The PPR says otherwise:
"If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa. "
i guess so, maybe that is a loophole to exploit. Our lawyer said that to us when we got PPR for TRV and PR:rolleyes:

Reactions: BehBeh2

maral_meraj

Oct 5, 2019
Hi guys. I think they are issuing the visas selectively. I am a January 2019 applicant and received my PPR on Feb 2020.
I sent my passport in 30 July.
My tracking number after 2 months. It says no records found. I emailed vfs and was told that they are still processing my application.
That is why I think they are acting selectively.

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys. I think they are issuing the visas selectively. I am a January 2019 applicant and received my PPR on Feb 2020.
My tracking number after 2 months. It says no records found. I emailed vfs and was told that they are still processing my application.
Oh wow! Almost 3 months under process!!!
This is by far the longest period I've ever heard for a visa stamping!

Why selectively? could it be those whose Medicals are about to expire and not to go through further processing? it's really weird :(

maral_meraj

Oct 5, 2019
I really have no idea. Maybe they are selecting based on occupations. I have seen applicants receiving their visas in less than a month during the pandemic.
Also, receiving a visa right now is useless, because people with visas issued after 18 march 2020 are not allowed to enter Canada.

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Hi
This was a long process I've heard.
What category have you applied for?
Is your application spousal sponsorship application?

Reactions: DilanCayan

DilanCayan

Oct 13, 2020
Hello Everyone, l hope we will hear good news in couple weeks or months

OUTLANE -Turkey

Send Application feb 21-2020
AOR Agu 25-2020
Biometric request Sep 14-2020
Biometric done Sep 18-2020
Medical request sep 18-2020
Medical done Sep 24-2020
Medical result has been received Oct 1-2020