+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Blue_sky71

Jul 10, 2020
Hi,
Guys I need your suggestions. I mailed my passport to Ankara few weeks ago for issuing my visitor visa and my passport is already in transit to the embassy, but today I got a passport request for my permanent residency and I don’t know what should I do since my passport is already there?, I’ll be glad if anyone can tell me what would be the best thing to do in this situation?, should I email the Ankara embassy and tell them that my passport has been sent and just send the pictures to them separately?

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Hi,
Guys I need your suggestions. I mailed my passport to Ankara few weeks ago for issuing my visitor visa and my passport is already in transit to the embassy, but today I got a passport request for my permanent residency and I don’t know what should I do since my passport is already there?, I’ll be glad if anyone can tell me what would be the best thing to do in this situation?, should I email the Ankara embassy and tell them that my passport has been sent and just send the pictures to them separately?
Consider that the visitor visa has a higher chance to be issued faster and you can get your imigration status inside canada if you are passport requested and are visiting canada.

Last edited:

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi Guys,
This is my today update:
Your application, tracking ID N*************** has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2020/10/05
YES ! how long did it take from the day it was in transit to being changed to received ?

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hello everyone !
I just find out today about this group,
I am an August 2019 , applicant
After medical result received on November 2019.
No update after that . VO is Ankara turkey
Anyone here with same timeline please let me know.
I am so worried
Appreciate response
Very similar timeline. July 2019. medical passed in October.

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Order gcms notes to find out
So, just to clarify, you can request to have information about your spouse's application, even though they are not yet a citizen/PR of Canada. So if I'm the sponsor, I can request information on my spouse's application?

Did you request under the "privacy act" or "access to information act"?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: EhsRm

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
So, just to clarify, you can request to have information about your spouse's application, even though they are not yet a citizen/PR of Canada. So if I'm the sponsor, I can request information on my spouse's application?

Thanks
Ive also tried to do that but it was a bit confusing. Would really appreciate if you guys who successfully requested updates on your files this way can share with us how to do it correctly. Thank you

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Ive also tried to do that but it was a bit confusing. Would really appreciate if you guys who successfully requested updates on your files this way can share with us how to do it correctly. Thank you
I think you need to apply under access to information act based on this note:

Note: If you are submitting a request under the Privacy Act for information belonging to someone else, the individual to whom the information belongs must also be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada.

I also saw this note as I was applying, but not sure how we can get those notes through the IRCC website:

Did you know that IRCC can easily obtain the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s)? It can result in a faster response to your request.

Also, does anyone know if you need to be a citizen living in Canada in order to be able to request this?

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018

Thanks
Yes as a PR you can order on behalf of anyone, including your wife. I ordered it for my wife, my brother, and also for my parents visit visa. As part of the application, you have to attach a form (given there) where that person appoints you as their representative to order on their behalf. It has to be signed in blue ink. Order it under access to info act, costs 5 dollars. You can ask me if you get stuck somewhere.
Hope it helps

Reactions: JFK_YVR

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I think you need to apply under access to information act based on this note:

Note: If you are submitting a request under the Privacy Act for information belonging to someone else, the individual to whom the information belongs must also be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada.

I also saw this note as I was applying, but not sure how we can get those notes through the IRCC website:

Did you know that IRCC can easily obtain the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s)? It can result in a faster response to your request.

Also, does anyone know if you need to be a citizen living in Canada in order to be able to request this?
Living in canada not required

Reactions: JFK_YVR