+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Thanks! Did you hear anything back from them since when you got your pre-arrival letter?
Have you been able to call them to ask about the status, especially now with the Corona situation?
Two days after I received the pre-arrival letter my situation changed to " Decision Made" exactly on March 18. But nothing have happened since now about ppr letter.

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
From our lawyer's office :

The Ankara Visa Office itself is still open and processing application internally. Visa Application Centres are the ones that are closed, but those are just locally engaged staff that accept applications for processing on the Visa Office’s behalf. PR applications are continuing to be processed, because we are still getting approval emails and requests for passports for visa issuance. There probably will be delays because many officers are transitioning to working from home.

IRCC has not announced any significant delays for processing applications where biometrics and medicals have already been done, like your application, so we can only operate under the assumption that those applications would continue to be finalized based on normal processing times, give or take a reasonable minor delay.

hope this helps you all a bit, we can all expect delays, but i doubt anyone knows for how long

Hang in there guys, all we can control is ourselves and nothing more

Last edited:
Reactions: pardis.tabar

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Here is the response I got back from Ankara on the application status:

"Good day, you have reached the Migration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Turkey. Please note that due to the current worldwide pandemic and the current travel restrictions to Canada, our office is only providing essential services. We appreciate your patience as we monitor a fluid situation in regard to travel to Canada.

If you have applied for permanent residence to Canada (family sponsorship, skill worker, etc.) note that your application is on hold until further notice."

:(

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020

"Good day, you have reached the Migration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Turkey. Please note that due to the current worldwide pandemic and the current travel restrictions to Canada, our office is only providing essential services. We appreciate your patience as we monitor a fluid situation in regard to travel to Canada.

If you have applied for permanent residence to Canada (family sponsorship, skill worker, etc.) note that your application is on hold until further notice."

This is beyond ridiculous. i know a handful of people whos applications are going through process by remote working officers. The ones who are lucky enough to have their files transferred to Mississauga or London visa offices. Ankara VO was already a mess and takes way more than usual compared to other people from different parts of the world. Now god knows how much longer we should wait.

i see someone else also got the same reply as i got from my lawyer which i was sure is not making sense unless i see an update by Ankara VO itself. Now you made it clear with sharing your response. Thank you. Its much better to know the truth rather than some hopeful guesses.

Reactions: pardis.tabar

Aarianno

Apr 11, 2020

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Blown away...
Good to know our spouses are not essential!!

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I've been saying for 2 weeks that they are not working.
Further notice! could be the end of pandemic! could be several months! no one cares, no one is responsive, no one gives a shit
These e-mails must be sent to news agencies, we should reach out our PMs. we should speak up, this is bullshit.
supporting family reunification, equality... joke

Samanrostami

Feb 6, 2020
Further notice! could be the end of pandemic! could be several months! no one cares, no one is responsive, no one gives a shit
These e-mails must be sent to news agencies, we should reach out our PMs. we should speak up, this is bullshit.
I’m sorry but thousands and thousands of people are dying worldwide and you’re upset over not getting a response from a Visa office? Even if you get your visa, there is nobody coming into Canada right now UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. People aren’t allowed to leave their houses. You need to calm down with your whining. You think the PM will give a shit about this. This is insignificant compared to what’s going on in the world. Please make a prayer for people and maybe that good karma will come back to you.

Reactions: Kiva667

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I’m sorry but thousands and thousands of people are dying worldwide and you’re upset over not getting a response from a Visa office? Even if you get your visa, there is nobody coming into Canada right now UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. People aren’t allowed to leave their houses. You need to calm down with your whining. You think the PM will give a shit about this. This is insignificant compared to what’s going on in the world. Please make a prayer for people and maybe that good karma will come back to you.
Are you educating me? or you're the only one who knows what is going on in the world!? I am working 10-11 hrs a day helping affected people, so I know way better than you what is going on.
So if you are staying home and have nothing to do, just keep praying INSTEAD OF BEING NOSY AND SPREADING YOUR POINTLESS ADVICE. you see, you are not the only one familiar with Caps Lock functionality too.
People can work from home and virus does not pass through computer screen (in case you don't know this)!
Btw, thank you very much for letting me know that right now no one can come to Canada! which is totally wrong too...

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
I've just recently contacted ministery of immigration about the situation of Ankara VO. They've told me that it is a false information that they are not processing the applications. All the applications which were received are being processed. I dont know why Ankara is sending this email to all of us but it seems they are working on the applications.

Reactions: Sarahkaswer

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
and now Turkey is show dealing with the virus. waiting for them to update us is probably gonna take forever.
I wonder if they would even consider transferring applications
I've just recently contacted ministery of immigration about the situation of Ankara VO. They've told me that it is a false information that they are not processing the applications. All the applications which were received are being processed. I dont know why Ankara is sending this email to all of us but it seems they are working on the applications.
Thats great to hear and thank you for sharing with us. May I ask how you were able to get in touch with them ? Because i tried everyway and i wasnt able to. My application just got there on March 21 and i know turkey is being hit badly by the virus so i totally lost hope on them continuing work on spousal sponsorship applications since its not their priority.

Any legit information any of us can get is worth sharing. And to some of the people here insulting each other please stop!! I get it, these are stressful times but do not judge each other and stop the praying BS we need legit info not how the virus is killing people thats just irrelevant to the purpose of forums like this.

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
It is quite unfortunate that people are getting killed by this virus and all of us understand the issue associated with this problem. No one is happy about the pandemic and we all pray for the people affected by the virus. I dont know about you but many of us in this forum are away from our loved ones for a long time. The process of visa in our case is way more different than other type of visa. It is way more stressful. The problem is that they can work from their homes on the our applications. If it gets to the point of PRR, I dont mind wait until things get normal. But I cant understand why not they should not process the applications up to that point. All of us going through difficult times and many of us because of the separation are going through way much harder problems. It is not Whining. By the way, if you go to IRCC website you can see that immediate family members can come to canada in case of having a visa so your information is not correct.

Reactions: ARZBAB and EhsRm

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
and now Turkey is show dealing with the virus. waiting for them to update us is probably gonna take forever.
I wonder if they would even consider transferring applications

Thats great to hear and thank you for sharing with us. May I ask how you were able to get in touch with them ? Because i tried everyway and i wasnt able to. My application just got there on March 21 and i know turkey is being hit badly by the virus so i totally lost hope on them continuing work on spousal sponsorship applications since its not their priority.

Any legit information any of us can get is worth sharing. And to some of the people here insulting each other please stop!! I get it, these are stressful times but do not judge each other and stop the praying BS we need legit info not how the virus is killing people thats just irrelevant to the purpose of forums like this.
No worries. I found the contact information on the google for ministry of immigration. Family sponsorship is one of the priorities of issuing a visa but due to the pandemic the they might not issue the visa right away. But seems for now they are working on the applications according to the ministry of immigration.

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I wouldn't believe it, It's been about a month that no one, at least in this forum, has not received any update. Have you seen any?

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I wouldn't believe it, It's been about a month that no one, at least in this forum, has not received any update. Have you seen any?
Our lawyer is making an inquiry about our specific case in Ankara and we are 10 months in out of 12, so i think we are/were on the verge of approval too. I will update once we receive an update. Let's be helpful to each other, not hurtful. Everyone is feeling the separation, stress and this anxiety at different levels. WE GOT THIS :D

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
I've heard from other visa offices that they have replyed to their applicants that they will show the updates after things get back to normal. So this might be the case.

Reactions: Nina12