+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

tor416

Jun 13, 2019
Congrats! Would you share your timeline please?
Does the prearrival even mean anything? I don’t really understand the point of that letter.

Application received: May 6
AOR: June 21
Bio: June 25
Med: July 2
Additional Doc. : July 8 police certificate
AOR2: Sept 11
Additional Doc. : Feb28 police certificate again...
Pre arrival email: Feb 28 (6hours after sending police cert)

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Does the prearrival even mean anything? I don’t really understand the point of that letter.

Hi,
It was the best news between tons of bad ones these days, congratulations. However, why they asked you to send the police check again? Or did not send at all? I send it with my documents, does it possible to ask me resend an update police check again?
Thanks

Reactions: pardis.tabar

pardis.tabar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Toronto, Canada

As far as I know it means you've been approved to immigrate, you will see "decision made" under applicant's section on ECAS very soon. The next step is asking you to send your passport for getting visa.

tor416

Jun 13, 2019
Hi,
It was the best news between tons of bad ones these days, congratulations. However, why they asked you to send the police check again? Or did not send at all? I send it with my documents, does it possible to ask me resend an update police check again?
Thanks
We sent it but I think because it's been over 6 months since we sent it? I don't understand why either...
I hope so they're so slow in Ankara, we've emailed them a whole bunch asking for the status only to get the same. auto reply apologizing

tor416

Jun 13, 2019
uj
As far as I know it means you've been approved to immigrate, you will see "decision made" under applicant's section on ECAS very soon. The next step is asking you to send your passport for getting visa.
Yeah I've read that it can range anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months asking for the passport. Especially with how slow Ankara is.
Thank you!

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Hi!. Question to all experienced people here.
I am about to start spousal sponsorship for my husband, he has iranian citizenship through parents but was born and lived in Qatar. We got married in europe.
What documents we need to provide? Should we provide documents based on country of his birth or citizenship?

Our marriage is not registered in Iran because we never went there, will cic ask any documentation from Iran to confirm marriage or our foreign marriage certificate is enough.
Please share your experiences, thoughts, or resources and point me to right direction.
Thank you!

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Hi!. Question to all experienced people here.
I am about to start spousal sponsorship for my husband, he has iranian citizenship through parents but was born and lived in Qatar. We got married in europe.
What documents we need to provide? Should we provide documents based on country of his birth or citizenship?

Our marriage is not registered in Iran because we never went there, will cic ask any documentation from Iran to confirm marriage or our foreign marriage certificate is enough.
Please share your experiences, thoughts, or resources and point me to right direction.
Thank you!
Hi,
This is important for them to provide documents which prove your marriage is real. It is better to have documents if you live together like bills and bank accounts and apartment rental contract and etc. I think the foreign marriage certificate is enough while neither of you did not live in Iran.

Reactions: ggeet

Apafshar

Feb 3, 2020
Richmond BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
AOR Received.
06-05-2019
Hey Guys,Last night we got our Pre-Arrival Letter Finally.
App Received: May 6th
Sponser approved: June 1st week
Bio: June 3rd week
Medical done: July 10th
AOR: July 19th
Pre Arrival: Mar 3rd
Decision Made: Mar 3rd

Hopefully we get our PPR soon. (Fingers crossed)

pardis.tabar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Toronto, Canada
Hey Guys,Last night we got our Pre-Arrival Letter Finally.
App Received: May 6th
Sponser approved: June 1st week
Bio: June 3rd week
Medical done: July 10th
AOR: July 19th
Pre Arrival: Mar 3rd
Decision Made: Mar 3rd

Hopefully we get our PPR soon. (Fingers crossed)
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your timeline!
When was your file transferred to Ankara? And When did you receive AOR2?