+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Just to give you all update. I wrote e-mail to Ankara on Friday, and today i got a response to my e-mail, that they are working on my application and they are waiting for Other Government Agencies report, once they receive report they will ask my husband to re-do his medical. It's expired on July 15,2017. So, my guess is we are waiting for CBSA. Does anybody knows how long CBSA takes to complete security checks???

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Just to give you all update. I wrote e-mail to Ankara on Friday, and today i got a response to my e-mail, that they are working on my application and they are waiting for Other Government Agencies report, once they receive report they will ask my husband to re-do his medical. It's expired on July 15,2017. So, my guess is we are waiting for CBSA. Does anybody knows how long CBSA takes to complete security checks???
You may take the email, your CSIS report and the 2011 audit Khorso posted above to your MP and ask your MP to contact CBSA. They should be able to contact any government department.

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
Hey everyone,
Just to let you know and share my excitement, I got the PPR today.

I hope and believe that you guys will have it in near future.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
congradualtion. Good news. when did you apply ?
He applied 9 March 2017, file transferred 24 May. He is Turkish. I remembered he wrote before and I added his name to the 2017 list on the excelsheet. I will update it.

Congratulations. Thanks for updating us and really happy for you. I hope you will have a great start with your wife in Canada.

Reactions: sebishh

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
He applied 9 March 2017, file transferred 24 May. He is Turkish. I remembered he wrote before and I added his name to the 2017 list on the excelsheet. I will update it.

Congratulations. Thanks for updating us and really happy for you. I hope you will have a great start with your wife in Canada.
She, actually :) But doesn't matter :)
Thank you for your nice words.

Reactions: strength2

sebishh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Yes, I am Turkish, female and PA.
My husband is Canadian and sponsor.
Congrats! I'm Turkish too. I think you applied Outland. My file was transferred to Ankara on 3 August. Tomorrow I will do the medical exam. I hope we can hear good news soon, like you ☺

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hey everyone,
Just to let you know and share my excitement, I got the PPR today.

I hope and believe that you guys will have it in near future.
Congrats!
Please pray for the Iranian applicants!

sohrabshabani

Dec 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
Hi everyone,

My wife sent multiple emails to Ankara about her application status. Here is the email we received from visa office after waiting for 14 months:

Please be advised that this file is currently being processed for background checks. This involves consultation with an Other Government Department (OGD).We are awaiting a reply from the OGD to be able to complete the background checks. This is a required element of our assessment and the file cannot be finalized without it.
We are not in a position to advise when the OGD will be able to provide their input. Please rest assured that we are checking the file regularly for the input and will proceed once it is received. The published processing times are for files where no additional processing is required. In the case of your file, this review was deemed necessary and therefore must be undertaken.We will be in contact when we are ready to take the next step in processing.

I can't take it anymore. She got stock in background check since 11 months ago! Sorry for my language but these stupid asholes are torturing us. She has never been a member of any govermental organization or any political party. Why are they doing this to us? They simply said in the case of her file additional processing is required and they can't advise when the OGD will be able to provide their input without any explanation! It means background check can take forever!

I need your advice. Do you think hiring a lawyer may help? My wife and I are really under pressure and it is impacting our relationship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khosro1380

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi everyone,

My wife sent multiple emails to Ankara about her application status. Here is the email we received from visa office after waiting for 14 months:

Please be advised that this file is currently being processed for background checks. This involves consultation with an Other Government Department (OGD).We are awaiting a reply from the OGD to be able to complete the background checks. This is a required element of our assessment and the file cannot be finalized without it.
We are not in a position to advise when the OGD will be able to provide their input. Please rest assured that we are checking the file regularly for the input and will proceed once it is received. The published processing times are for files where no additional processing is required. In the case of your file, this review was deemed necessary and therefore must be undertaken.We will be in contact when we are ready to take the next step in processing.

I can't take it anymore. She got stock in background check since 11 months ago! Sorry for my language but these stupid asholes are torturing us. She has never been a member of any govermental organization or any political party. Why are they doing this to us? They simply said in the case of her file additional processing is required and they can't advise when the OGD will be able to provide their input without any explanation!

I need your advice. Do you think hiring a lawyer my help? My wife and I are really under pressure.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
OGD = Canada border Service agency (CBSA)
read the Audit khorso sent. Tha last audit is from 2011. Based on the agreement between IRCC and CBSA from 2006, CBSA can take 9-18 months. For 67% took less than 9 for 19% took more than 18 (based on 2011 audit). 46% of visa office officers complained to CBSA and at the end of audit CBSA mentioned they put procedures in place to improve. God knows how much they may take now.

Two applicants are invited for interview on Sep. Maybe their file is completed by CBSA now that they are called for interview.

Ask your member of parliament to contact CBSA and enquire.

Reactions: Khosro1380

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi everyone,

I can't take it anymore. She got stock in background check since 11 months ago! Sorry for my language but these stupid asholes are torturing us. She has never been a member of any govermental organization or any political party. Why are they doing this to us? They simply said in the case of her file additional processing is required and they can't advise when the OGD will be able to provide their input without any explanation! It means background check can take forever!

I need your advice. Do you think hiring a lawyer may help? My wife and I are really under pressure and it is impacting our relationship.

I got the exact same email after 14 months of waiting, the exact same word, they copy past everyone. it is really frustrating now after all these time that we have been waiting, hiring a lawyer wont change anything I promise. All we can do is wait now, I am on my 15 th month now and don't know what to do. I am hoping for august to be full of good news for all of us.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hi everyone,

Hi Sohrab
I also agree with you that those in IRCC or OGDs are a bunch of racist assholes who have sick minds and don't care about our life! (Sorry for the bad language but these days I really think like this!)